“Great food in a great atmosphere ”
Review of Vasso

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I know you don’t necessarily go to Amsterdam seeking out Italian food but when you’re as picky a eater as I am Italian is always a safe bet. Vasso did not disappoint. I had gnocchi and asked that they put a spicy red sauce on it, they happily obliged. My boyfriend had the carbonara and said it rivaled the dish in Italy that made him fall in love with carbonara in the first place. We sat outside on a perfect tiny alley which was a nice setting/mood. Wait staff was friendly and I would highly recommend for anyone looking for great Italian food!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Glad we stumbled across this restaurant. Cosy Italian, fresh food and friendly staff. The owner was a bit surly initially but we couldn’t fault the service. Best sea bass I’ve ever had, fresh and moist with perfectly crispy skin. Around €50 a head including wine. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Good food and tasty I would return. Also for the staff.Which give a good and comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

High quality food. Nice wait staff that were attentive to our needs. We enjoyed the atmosphere as we sat outside.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

There are plentiful of Italian restaurants everywhere and mosty they offer the same or nearly the same - standard food consisting of pasta, pizza, some wine and decoration that pretends to be Italian trattoria. Predictable, yet boring. Vasso, however is nothing like that. Everything here from the interior to the menu and service is so overwhelmingly authentic. When You enter the very first thing that You can see is the old wooden furniture and people gathering round the plain brown tables. This makes a perfect combination of a like-a-home place. Then there is a short menu where You will not find pizzas (YES! Italian cuisine is far more than that!) but choice of home made pasta dishes (primi) or a few mains (secondi). There are also some great salads so typical for healthy Italian cuisine. The number of desserts is small but include most delicious Italian gelato and tiramisu. As in typical trattoria there is a selection of wines all of fine quality. Don't expect vine de la casa, here You order either a glass or a bottle. The very helpful staff is warm and ready to help You choose the meal or a drink without any pushy persuasion pressing You on ordering the most expensive wine. Instead You will get careful attention to Your preferences, diet restrictions or other demands. And all that spoken with that most beautiful Italian accent of the northern part of the country.
As You can see I was enthralled with Vasso not only because of fine food my spouse and me had, or a wine we drank. It was the atmosphere that made me so. In that rainy evening after a long sightseeing day I was taken back to the place of my true love and admiration - to Italy.
To sum up, Vasso is worth a visit for its home made like food, excellent service, pleasant interiors and what You cannot pay for - the atmosphere of authentic dolce vita.