“Excellent service and good traditional Dutch food”
Review of The Pantry

The Pantry
Ranked #120 of 4,475 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: The Pantry Imagine a restaurant version of the successful TV show I Love Holland, and that is what The Pantry is like. This cosy restaurant near the Leidseplein distinguishes itself with its typically Dutch atmosphere and traditional old-Dutch dishes. Hospitality is important. The staff understands the dining and hospitality business and have worked here for years, during which the recognition of this restaurant has been ever increasing. The Dutch living room atmosphere is enhanced by the use of lampshades, Delftware and old paintings on the wall, complemented by the background music. The Pantry works exclusively with fresh, homemade products. Its location in the Leidseplein neighbourhood makes this an ideal restaurant to eat before catching a theatre show or movie. The doors open from eleven in the morning, so it's also a great place to go for lunch
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation ahead of time (make sure you do this as they always seemed to be st capacity and turn people away without it) and were greeted warmly by one of the owners (I believe).

We chose one of the 3 course set meals on the menu, which was easy for us to navigate as we are unfamiliar with Dutch food.

The portions were huge!! Later my husband and I realized that we could have ordered just one of the meals between us and shared it and it would have been enough.

The food arrived quickly. The food was good but since I am Indian and love strong flavors, it didn’t deliver in that department - not because they weren’t good at what they did but because that’s traditional Dutch food.

The dessert was amazing and the decor was quaint and eclectic.

Overall, highly recommend for a local experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,771)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We ate there with our family of 4, and everyone loved it. Cozy restaurant with tons of atmosphere and a very friendly staff. Traditional Dutch food, and all was delicious. My wife and I each got different dishes that were excellent. The kids split a cheese fondue and loved it. The best meal we had in our 4 days in Amsterdam.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We arrived in Amsterdam after an overnight flight and were hungry after checking in to our hotel. The Pantry was a top choice on Trip Adviser and was walking distance from the Amsterdam Marriott. I had the combination of 3 types of mashed potatoes with a meatball. Comfort food at it's best. All the mashed potatoes were excellent. The service was attentive and we were moved to a window seat when it was available. I would definitely recommend The Pantry and the mashed potatoes.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Brought my family here for the last lunch of our Eurotrip and had wonderful sausages. We tried the main combos as well as the sampler and everything was delicious. Inside was quaint with homey decors as well as some historical items. Wonderful places and ambiance!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

if your after traditional food, look no further ! me and my partner had heard about this place and went on to find it, on a rainy week day we walked in about 1 o'clock not having booked and managed to get a table (although i hear booking is advisable at times). We were sat on a cosy table in the window , very warm too and we knew what we were having and ordered food and drinks. We ordered the hutspot combination with smoked sausage was really lovely !!! i recommend the stewed beef carrot mash which out of the 3 mashes given was my fav however was lovely trying all. 2 combination meals, some bread and one beer and coke came in about 40 euros, rather good for traditional quality food :)

1  Thank Rosie I