“Queens Night Holidays”
Review of Nemo Apartments

Nemo Apartments
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Been staying in these apartments for last 4 seasons in the row and just because of the simple reason - Landlords. Not only that they helped me more than they are suppose to but they did extra mile in anything they were required! I am so upset since I saw the last comment from Joanna Ticino, that I personally could say that if I were there I would have payed for them double just to check you out of there....What kind of problems you must have to state something like this in here?! You are definitely problematic single traveller who has lack of common sense in life. You get what you paying for. if you have panic attacks on people who you do not know and expect them to treat you well just because you pay them for service of the apartments not for baby sitting you - you have to reconsider yourself my dear. It has been a big pleasure to come there every year and to be welcome as friend! p.s. Sorry for my opinion but just standing up for somebody who is totally different in reality!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Edgaras G

Reviewed 28 April 2013

A severe warning for this absolute overpriced accomodation. There are a lot of hotels in the city where you pay less and get so much more. I paid 130 EUR as a single person per night without breakfast and had the badest service I ever had in my life...
The room is not very clean - very old and dirty looking bedclothes and towels (those we would chuck out), and in the kitchen you find all the rests the others left - including rotted tomatoes... The room is poorly soundproofed, every step on the room above you lets you spring in your bed (very nice at 3am when the party people are returning) and the use of the others WCs lets you believe the Niagra Falls are in your room.
But the worst thing are the landlords. They only care about the money they get and not about their guests. Every question you have they react very bugged and absolutely not professional. The house has a lot of very steep, almost vertical, stairs - more ladders than stairs actually. When I arrived I told the landlord I am not able to carry the suitcase six of those ladders because of my health state (which is quite severe). He said, no problem, he will help me and we arranged a time for the check out. I told him that it is important since I had to get my train. Guess what - nobody came.. When I ringed the door bell of the appartement of the landlords, they did not even talk to me in person - they just answered through the intercom. The landlady said that she is not interested how I can get the suitcase downstairs, she doesn't care. (sure - because I paid in advance and that is all they care of...). So since I could not carry I had to get on my backside, letting slide the suitcase step by step next to me. And that all of the six ladders... It was not only very dangerous and exhausting - it was so mortifying... When I made afterwards an official complaint they wrote they informed me before that they had those ladders (which is a lie, they did not and they had to admit that) and that they are not a hotel with professional luggage service. Well - I did not expect a professional luggage service - merely a normal human kindness and helpfullness. For 130 EUR for a single room - is this really too much? And the landlord promised me to do it - if he'd told me he won't, I would have changed the hotel. But first saying "no problem" and then not even talking to me in person, just letting me - a not anymore young woman who travelled alone - know through the intercom, how rude is that... I never ever experienced that in my life before. And I travel a lot. Nothing to do with being a hotel or not - just to do with good education. Than they even lied again about that the man was in hospital for a check-up - he was not. It was sunday morning, there are no check-ups on sunday mornings... And even if - he could have told me instead of promising me to help and then letting me down. Telling me over the intercom they don't care how I manage tells everything. Very pathetic people. Don't book there, you can spend your money in Amsterdam at much nicer places.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank JoanaTicino
Reviewed 24 February 2013

If you are not a friend of group hostels nemo apartments might be the right choice for you. The owner was very kind and helpful, the apartment itself clean and located pretty central. We had a two floor apartment, kitchen, bathroom, tv on one floor. Beds on the top floor. We paid 35 per night + city taxes. Smoking was allowed. The few rules were easy to handle.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sebastian R
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Having stayed in a variety of places in amsterdam this has to be best all rounder,we had a fairly compact apartment just around the corner from the actual Nemo's main place, it has everything you need in a great location 5 mins walk to the RLD area. The landlady was nice and helpful, the place was clean and tidy with a selection of funny DVD's, good selection of kitchen things and allowed to smoke in the apartment. Have tried to book in for Queens Day but its fully booked, always a good sign though annoyed i missed out! Like everywhere in Amsterdam the stairs are steep and the rooms are small but it all adds to the charm of the place!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam B
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed in the Navy room for three nights and were really happy with the apartment. The stairs are steep, as people have said, but it's an old building so what do you expect. It's worth the climb to get to the nice apartment at the top. The owner was great, really friendly and gave us lots of suggestions about places to go, eat or avoid. It's a perfect location and a great base to explore Amsterdam from. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook a simple meal on the evenings that we didn't want to eat out.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends