All reviews top floor stairs are steep shared bathroom location was perfect visit amsterdam central station tram stop leidseplein ensuite
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Myself and a friend stayed here for a weekend. I left an expensive set of headphones on the bed when leaving (€400+). I realised this at the airport less than an hour later and tried to ring the hotel but could not get through. I emailed them but received no reply. The next day I tried to ring again but no answer. I then messaged them via Facebook and still received no answer. Eventually after four days I managed to speak to a staff member who, after talking to the cleaning staff informed me there were no headphones found in the room but they would ring me after more enquiries. After not receiving a call I emailed again and received another reply saying there were no headphones found. I am very disappointed as someone is telling a blatant lie and has kept them for themselves.
If you do stay here, which I would not recommend, make sure not to leave anything behind as you will not see it again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Well I thought I messed up initially when I booked this hotel online, and read some awful reviews, and did not feel much better when I saw it.

But how wrong was I, we had a nice room below ground level, staff were very helpful, and nice. The location was excellent and as a couple we loved it.

It made the break even better.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is much smaller than we thought. Don't count on the pictures. Rooms are very small. And the stairs are super dangerous and small. We booked a single room, and a double room. Notice that single rooms don't have their own toilet. Which is very horrible. I can't recommend this hotel! Pay extra for a better hotel...

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Having read previous reviews, was a little apprehensive. Stayed on the very top floor so had to negotiate 3 steep staircases. Very tricky but became a bit of a running joke. However, this is Amsterdam, a lot of staircases are the same.

The location was perfect! Located right in the middle of 2 trams stops a short walk from the lively Leidesplein. Was surprised that we could not hear any of the noise.

Pretty much every attraction was about a 10-15 minute walk, and being so flate, was no issue at all. There are loads of nice bars and restaurants within throwing distance so you are spoilt for choice.

We only wanted somewhere to plonk our bodies at the end of a long day/night out and about so did what we wanted. If you want luxury, this is not for you. If you want somehwere thats clean and tidy to use as a base, its perfect.

Room tip: Rooms at back of hotel have no views as such but are very quiet
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank m0unters
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel. Ideally situated in amsterdam, slightly dated but clean and tidy. Stairs are steep to upper floors but not an issue if you are fit and healthy. Not recommended for people with mobility issues.

Date of stay: May 2018