“Good rooms but poor staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam

WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #43 of 361 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Good rooms but poor staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

To check in and check out at this hotel is always terrible. It takes way too long and the staff isn't flexible or cooperative.
We made a reservation for 4 rooms (at one reservationsnumber) but when we checked in the rooms were all listed as separate reservations. We book 4 rooms at once because all the rooms had to be paid together and now these all had to be paid separate.

Furthermore the staff was rude as well; we had a big party and all went late to bed (around 4 am) and we were all having breakfast around 09.30 am. One of our friend yawned (with his hand for his mouth) and the receptionist reacted to him with the remark; Sorry??? And the way she said it was rude and inpolite.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hage06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel on my most recent visit to Amsterdam. Located about 15 minutes via bus (48 or 22) from Amsterdam Centraal, this hotel is tucked away in a quieter neighborhood, but still very easy to get to.

The rooms were lovely, large for a European hotel and VERY clean. The bed was beyond comfortable, I barely wanted to leave it.

My only complaint is the staff. I didn't feel welcomed at all. Multiple members of the reception staff didn't look amused checking anyone in or out (not just me, or my party). I also had to ask a few questions, waiting to be acknowledged by the staff did take some time. I did have a problem when a board over my closet had fallen on my boyfriend's head while retrieving my coat. I didn't even bother bringing it to the staff's attention since I didn't feel it would have mattered to them. It's not that they were so much rude, more uninviting/unpleasant.

Although, not all of the staff were that bad, the cleaning staff was friendly and eager to assist with anything we needed in the room.

I really liked the whole concept of the hotel and was happy to be with my friends that chose the hotel. But upon my next visit to Amsterdam, I may stay elsewhere, sadly. My stay would've been perfect otherwise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JessieNYC225
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear JessieNYC225,

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
Especially for contacting me personally and providing me with some more details so we can train our staff even better.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the fact that you felt not welcome and treated with respect.

I do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

An excellent hotel to stay in for business, situated mid-way between city centre & offices in Sloterdijk. Rooms are decently situated and provide decent wi-fi, tv et cetera. The staff are always kind, friendly and helpful, it is always good to see a familar & friendly face when I pitch up on a Monday evening!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BenjaminTam, General Manager at WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Jeremy Y,

Thank you for your review and kind words!
It is good to read that you enjoy our service, facilities and our "fiendly and familiar faces".

See you next monday?

Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Art Hotel Amsterdam is not in city center, maybe it's the only shortcut of it. but the bus 48 and 22 are just an the door of the hotel. the room is really nice, it's clean and quiet, and also big in the sense of europe. hotel bar and restaurant are a bit too expensive.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sijia,

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor.
All comments do help us to improve our services and facilities.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just booked for one night, because we went to a wedding party in amsterdam, and we wanted to spend the night closeby.
We got an upgrade, very nice!! 4 stars in stead of 3!
Very nice room, very quiet, and with a very nice kind of love seat.
We really really enjoyed it, and breakfast was very good as well!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fleur T
Dear Hannahstar,

Thank you very much for your extensive comments. I must say, a comment that gives me mixed feeling. It abolutely gives us points for improvement when it comes down to the service at the front desk. We will take your comment along and learn from it.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!