“Very good little cafe”

Ranked #387 of 4,526 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Plantage & the East
Neighbourhood: Plantage & the East
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Service was sweet, food presentation was excellent. And food was great. Happened upon this when walking thru Amsterdam. I had a brie, bacon & tomato sandwich with honey over it; it was awesome It was cost effective and a nice surprise as we journeyed thru Amsterdam. I'd come back.

Thank E.J. F

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stopped one morning while the market was setting up. Great cup of coffee. I had pancakes with ham and cheese and hubby had a ham and cheese omellette. Everything was tasty, fresh, and hot. If we are in the neighborhood before we go we will definitely stop again.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Happened across this place before heading over to ARTIS, so glad we did! It was a morning after a fairly heavy night out and the extensive range of food choices would provide anyone with the perfect hangover cure. The sandwich list was very impressive and was certainly value for money. Staff couldn't do enough for us, although we were only one of two couples in there at the time!

Perfect distance from the metro and a bus stop too.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

After travelling all morning my buddies and I were starving and stumbled to this all-day breakfast place at around 2pm, the Wednesday before Kings Day.
My friends went for the (what we thought) was the trusty all-day breakfast and I opted for a salmon salad.
I also I have a dairy allergy so, as per the disclaimer on the menu I made the waitress aware of this.
My friends breakfasts came back and it wasn't impressive. The toast didn't look like it had been toasted, but was hard. The portion of beans was incredibly small. But perhaps this was a Dutch characteristic so we gave that a pass. However the fried eggs were burnt and had clearly been chiselled off the pan and laid on the plate!
When my order arrived, I was given a salmon and egg baguette by a different waiter.
I mentioned this was not my order and told him what it should be and he re made it.
However the salmon salad arrived with cubes of cheese all over it, by yet another waitress.
I alerted her to the fact that I did mention to the very 1st waitress that I had a dairy allergy so couldn't consume any milk/yogurt/butter etc.
Then the 2nd waiter took it away and returned with another.
However as I soon after realised it was the same dish just with the cheese removed!!!! As there were cubes of cheese at the middle and bottom of it. I was mortified as luckily I didn't consume it, but how do I know if there weren't speks of cheese remaining throughout the dish?!?!
We cut our losses, left most of the dish on the plate to let them know our thoughts and couldn't pay quick enough and just got out of there!
By the other reviews it has generally a good response perhaps we caught them on a bad day.
Never again!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Been there for breakfast and it was cool, restaurant is "wear and tear" type but have some soul with two nice ladies who is working there. Good breakfast for starting a day and tour around Amsterdam, have my recommendation for future