“excellent food”

Ranked #1,164 of 4,181 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We decided to eat here on our last night in Amsterdam (we were staying at the Hamptons Hilton next door and didnt fancy a trek back into town). This turned out to be a gem of a place.

There were ten of us, and the manager was more than happy to accomodate our party.

The menu offered a good range of different styles of food, from pizza, to pasta, to seafood to turkish. everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals - i had lamb shish and it was probably one of the best kebabs i havehad - the lamb just melted in my mouth.

The highlight of the meal for me was the Baklava - one of the nicest and lightest i have ever tasted.

The staff were very attentive and friendly and the prices were very good value - 315 euros for 10 people, 3 course plus drinks.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My friends and I are on holiday and have been throughout Europe over the last 2 months. On our last night in Amsterdam, we decided to go out for dinner. Unfortunately we chose a terrible restaurant.

Upon arrival, the staff didn't seat us for 10 minutes after promising a 2 minute wait and were constantly asking us to move while waiting. After we were finally seated, the staff took our order, and then returned 10 minutes later asking us to move tables but didn't offer us a table at that time. We waited to be moved but they said we had to wait longer for them to prepare the table. After that, we received one meal and told the waitstaff that we had already been asked to move and that once we started eating, we would prefer not to. The waiter gave us the food anyway and we began eating.

Five minutes into eating, another waitstaff (who appeared to be the manager) told us our second table was ready and didn't wait for our response before picking up the plate while we were eating and walking away with it. We got up and moved to another table (a tiny table in direct sunlight) and waited for the rest of our food. We then saw our food being taken to our previous table and had to literally call across the restaurant that it was our food.

Not once was the staff apologetic or even grateful for our compliance to move tables. We then had to ask for new cutlery as the table was not set, and didn't receive bread we had ordered.

Once we had finished our mediocre and bland food (lamb chops, spaghetti bolognese and Napoletana pasta), we were directed by the waiter to pay for the bill at the counter as we wanted to split. The staff at the counter charged us each for the wrong food after we specified what we had eaten, then as we made to leave, he yelled that someone hadn't paid even though we requested one of us pay for 2 meals. As I rifled through my wallet to find the "missing money", the manager put her hand out and went to grab for the money I was holding. I wanted to double check the 6 receipts (for 3 payments?) we had been given and then was rudely told to stand to the side to sort it out while she served someone else behind me.

Usually I'm pretty understanding when mix ups occur, but the attitude and service we received was completely unacceptable. I would never recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Bronte M
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Good place for a couple of beers and a quick pizza. During the summer, we drop by after work for some alfresco unwinding. Convenient and good. There are more exciting options on the menu too. Salads look great, Turkish meat dishes the same. Recommended. ( I'm a frequent diner; never had cause to complain).

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Our visit here was awesome! The food is reasonably priced and yummy with a great service staff to complement the experience. We loved the decor as well.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Went last night with my husband. It was my birthday dinner since we're on holiday , this was the only decent restaurant open till late in our vicinity.

Sitting area is nice and comfortable.

But the chairs are worn off and extremely dirty. The dim lights make you think all is okay but it's not , I wanted to lean back and put my hand on the seat and immediately took it off because I felt the greasy dirt on my palm.

The waiter arrived with dishes in hand like he's about to go wash them or something , but they were for our table. My plate was broken from the corner.

Was given ketchup in small sachets like we're in a takeaway restaurant. This is totally not acceptable.

Then the main course arrived. My husband ordered meat grill and it tasted good.
I ordered spinach pasta with Parmesan. Well it had zero salt zero pepper and tasted bland. Not creamy or cheesy. Was given Parmesan separately in a dirty ikea salt container. Which was again greasy. I didn't dare hold it let alone open it. Spinach in the pasta had grit , like unwashed spinach has. I could literally feel the girt in my mouth like I had taken a bite of some fresh from the farm unwashed spinach with no salt or seasoning

When I tried to convey this to the waiter he said " here we don't put salt or pepper ( in Amsterdam ) very little salt but no pepper because people here don't like salt or pepper. If you wanted it you could've added it yourself ( pointed to the salt and pepper containers ). " and then he was so ignorant and rude I couldn't further ridicule myself by telling him of the grit in the spinach. Maybe people in Amsterdam like it that way , according to him.

I wouldn't recommend this , because the staff needs to be polite and accommodating. Not rude and arrogant as if they are doing us a favour by being there and we are eating there in charity. That's how his attitude was. Mind you this is not some takeaway restaurant. Apparently a good dining experience. Idk why people just give five stars like that and good reviews without giving honest opinions and experiences.

Whatever. Don't go there. Unless you like being taken for granted