“A successfull business”

Ranked #653 of 4,445 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Description: Senor Mostachio is a place to gather with your friends and enjoy fresh mexican streetfood! The food comes with great cocktails served inside our cool Mexican vibe restaurant or on our sunny terrace
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

A pleasant surprise when you arrive in Amsterdam at 10pm and you know nothing about this city. With less the 30€ we had in two a quesadilla, a tacos and two beers. The quality and taste of food was amazing, and the service nice and quick!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Amsterdam had many mexican food places. Some are the ones people out of habit always go to. Even when there may be better ones around. I choose this time to go somewhere else and ended up at this place. I can say based on the reviews I read this is indeed a good place to get your mexican food. The interior is already something which sets it aside from several other mexican restaurants. Really nice wall painting and a bit of a cantina look and feel added. Laidback owner/manager but on the right level. It isnt a big place but not necessary as it contributes to the feel. Menu is basic and the main items are on it. Actually I am glad about it, as in basic there is something which will suit most people, without need to analyze the menu for a long time. And it is all really fresh. It tasted good. Ok.... my mexican friend says not yet fully mexican but a restaurant that comes close. More close than many others. The cocktails are affordable and nice as well. Relatively cheap as well.
Certainly worth to give a shot.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Found this place online after reading some reviews, decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed in the least. The tacos were incredible, truly did not want the experience to end. Additionally, the atmosphere was really light and fun, great tunes playing.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Very good Mexican food, nice people and a lovely place to stay! We had tacos and they were excellent.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This place was close to where I was staying and I had a strong urge for Mexican. I knew this was Tex Mex and that it will not be great. But I ventured nonetheless. It is a hole in the wall with a couple of guys who manage everything including the kitchen, delivery orders, table orders etc. Delivery orders were flying out the door. The menu is very limited and there was just 1 vegetarian choice, fried cactus, which was not my choice. But I went ahead anyway. The margartita was frozen and not too bad but overpriced at 7.5. The food was reasonable priced but every item tasted weird.