See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2015

I have stayed here 3 times now and every times has been wonderful apart from the last stay.
we arrived at 12:30pm to try and check (was 30mins early) to be greeted by a rude man on reception and come back at 1pm. we went back to 1:30pm as soon as we walked through the door the guy said rooms not ready, we waited until 2:30pm and eventually checked in.
When we did check in there was mud &sick on carpet, fake tan and make up on "clean" towels, no tissues or soap in dispensers and the toilet was 2 floors down!
After going to complain to the guy on reception he just was interested and didn't even acknowledge me.
This was a surprise trip for my boyfriends 21st birthday which was ruined by these rude idiots!!
I sent an email to the hotel when I returned home FAO the manager and his response was see you next time!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachfensom
Reviewed 28 February 2015

I have stayed in hotels in the past (especially in Amsterdam) which I would only recomend if you are out all the time, basically just somewhere to freshen up and get your head down for a few hours. This place, I wouldnt even stay again just for that. Absolute hell hole. To start with, every time you want to enter the hotel you have to ask at reception and then run outside and into another usually locked door before the receptionist releases the button! Ridiculous set up. Now steep stairs are to be expected in Amsterdam because of the architecture, but this hotel takes 'steep' to another limit. To reach our room you had to climb 2 flights of steep stairs, and then climb an unstable wooden ladder. Not easy, especially with luggage. There was four of us so we booked a quad room. The room was barely bigger than a phonebox. There was a bunkbed and two single beds crammed in, you couldnt see the floor and pretty much had to climb over the beds to walk. The door stuck and was hard to open, the light didnt work, and around the sink there were holes in the wall with loose concrete on the floor beneath. The bedding was mismatched, old and dirty. The only positive thing i can say for this place is the location, being located on the Warmoestraat in the city centre. But there are many more hotels on this street which are a lot nicer and a lot better value for money! I can honestly say I have stayed the night in nicer cells than this hotel, avoid at all cost!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jamie K
Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for three nights. When we arrived we met a friendly receptionist that helped us with a lot of informations. Rooms were simple and warm, you can smoke in yours. That's why we enjoyed staying there.
Breakfast included. Clean bathrooms and showers, great position of the hotel.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Simone P
Reviewed 23 October 2014

A male member of staff was very aggressive and when the beds were cleaned they had long hairs on and blood stains, very poor overall. The male member of staff was a young man with a poor attitude towards me and my friends, he was very aggressive and not helpful one bit although one british sounding woman was really nice and very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank KieranBeesley
Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

Ótimo custo benefício, ótimo café da manhã. Ótima localização. Uma pena a wifi ser ruim. Não adianta pagar, não pega. Pelo menos o recepcionista foi honesto e disse que tava ruim e nem me cobrou pela senha. Do lado do hostel tem uma creperia MONDIAL barata e gostosa com wifi! Foi o jeito! - Great price, great breakfast, great location. Too bad that the wifi is paid and bad connection. Dont buy it. But the recepcionist was honest that it's bad and didn't made me pay for it. But, on the side of the hostel, same street, there was a "crepes" place called MONDIAL, and there you could eat a delicious crepe, and also use a great wifi! That kinda worked for me.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends