“WARNING: Bed Bug Bites!”
Review of Atlanta Hotel

Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #304 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Bed bug bites on both arms, both sides of my back, down my legs, and all over my feet and ankles. Had to throw clothes and suitcase away. Doctor visits, creams, and 1 1/2 weeks of itchy and painful bites after getting home.

Pros: This hotel is in a very good location near restaurants, shops, social life, and museums.

1. Rude cleaning staff. They knock and then come into your room within seconds (I even had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door.
2. Checkout is super early and they will call your room and knock on the door every few minutes until you get out.
3. I have bug bites all over my body after sleeping there for four nights. I felt itchy the first few nights but had no symptoms. I developed symtoms (red bumps, itching, discomfort) the morning of checkout and it got worse as I travelled home.
4. The hotel is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. I paid almost USD 500 for four nights. This would easily get you into a 3–4 star hotel or an excellent Air B&B. For bad service, lots of stairs, cold lunch meat for breakfast, noise, rude cleaning staff, tiny room with no toilet, and BED BUGS, the money I paid was too much.

I contacted the hotel about my bed bug bites for a refund and have yet to hear from them.

In my humble opinion, do not stay here. The location is EXCELLENT, but not worth the poor quality and expense.

Room Tip: Choose room with ensuite toilet. Check room for bed bugs. Pick room on first floor - no elevator and...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank A A

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We visited the Atlanta hotel for our 5th wedding anniversary last weekend. I booked it here because of the location being central so we could walk to most of the attractions, bars restaurants etc.... the location was perfect, the hotel isn't the ritz so don't book here if that's what you want but if you just want a base in the centre of Amsterdam to sleep and not much else you won't go far wrong here. The staff were nice and friendly and the room was adequate.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This was our second time in Amsterdam. The first time, we stayed a little outside of the city and had to take the train back and forth. This location was GREAT! We walked everywhere! Would have been nice to have an electric kettle in room. We thought 10 euro was a little pricey for breakfast, we went out for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with a friend and it was everything we expected!

-Location couldn't get any better
-Lovely friendly staff that were always happy to help
-Basic room but had all the essentials
-I had seen many reviews about it being noisy but we both slept very well every night
-Shared bathroom was always spotless

Only downfall was that there wasn't any air conditioning in our room and during the hotter nights it was very warm.

Other than that everything was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Definitely visiting again:)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The Hotel is at Rembrandt, in the center of nightclubs. Clean rooms, nice service.
The breakfast is not worth 10 €, better to eat breakfast at one of the restaurants on 1 floor for the same price. In night the rooms are very warm, and you hear music from the clubs until 5 am.
But we recommend this Hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends