Open today: 10:00 - 17:00

from US$22.43
from US$116.14
from US$17.71
1,191 results
All reviews butterfly house botanical gardens tropical plants different species hot house couple of hours worth a visit gift shop greenhouse rainforest subtropical nature dutch canal
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2018

A peaceful garden to wander in. Limited information on plants - Latin and Dutch. However, it was a walk full of blooms and the butterfly garden, while hot and steamy, was fun.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I had read an article about the gardens and decided to visit. I travelled on the ‘open top’ bus and worked out that I needed to get off at the Jewish Museum stop. From there you could see the large greenhouse so it was easy to find. However the bus commentary did not mention it. The garden is quite small but well laid out and has a lot of interesting features, including the world’s oldest potted plant! There are high walkways in two of the greenhouses. The cafe is tucked into a sunny corner, a nice place to sit. There is a small shop with helpful staff.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Thank God it only took us a few minutes to walk through and it was already a part of the Amsterdam Card so I didn't have to pay. Very small not worth the stop have been to gardens all over and this one just isn't worth a visit.

1  Thank timcarla
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I had a spare day and decided to see what I could do in the local area, and stumbled across this botanical garden. It isn’t huge but you get a lot for your money, especially as the entry price was quite cheap. Being winter and snowy, I figured the outdoors would not be worth looking at, but the climate controlled glasshouses were absolutely incredible, and had simply amazing specimens. I consider the cactus house to be better than that at Kew Gardens. The butterfly house and specimen plants were also really lovely and I left feeling so excited and happy that I had found the place, quite by chance. The gift shop had some absolutely beautiful items too, that were nicely priced. I would love to come back and visit in the summer to see the potential of the outdoors.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

A friend had mentioned that I needed to visit this 'Green House' in the middle of the city when I visited Amsterdam & I am so happy I did!! What a beautiful display of diverse plants, trees & flowers from all over the world!! They even have an 500 year old tree inside the Green House, to protect it from the elements. There's even a little cafe within the grounds. Simply GRAND!!!