All reviews eco cabins great campsite communal cooking area city centre hired bikes hot water great facilities minute walk tram station night bus bunk beds public transport visit amsterdam dam square campervan pitches reception
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Camped here for 3 nights and loved it.The shop is really handy for any forgotten items and there are plenty of places to sit and chill out in the evenings. You can rent bikes and kayaks directly from the campsite, which made things a lot easier than having to go in to town and get them.The restaurant serves incredible vegan options, which I can't recommend hightly enough and the staff are always smiling and ready to help.The showers were always hot and although there is no power for the tents, it was easy to leave your tablet/phone charging with reception whilst out for the day, when I preferred as I knew they would be safe and fully charged ready to watch something in the evening. This is a great place to stay for Amsterdam and though we camped this time, are looking to return and stay in the cabins.

Room Tip: If you are camping then it is first come first serve, though we managed to find a quiet enough spot close to the waters edge
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days in our motor home.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the site's main plus point is its convenience to the public transport to get into the city.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
The site is well equipped; shop, bar/restaurant, food preparation areas, kitchen etc, etc.
The site is incredibly busy, particularly with young people in tents, this can mean queues for the facilities. There seemed too few toilets.
The main downside is lack of care for the site. We are well travelled campers and are used to seeing staff grass cutting, hedge trimming and so on, but because this place is so busy and open all year I doubt that there is little chance for these jobs to be done.
However we would return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Hi, first off I'm not new to the camping community
So ill try to give a fair and realistic review.
We were very unlucky with the weather at our stay. It rained all the time.
So that did blur the experience for sure.

We stayed in zeeburg in our camper van. We planned to stay 2 nights but left after one because of all the rain.
So I can't say anything about the cabins or Waggons.
They looked ok from the outside.

If you plan on paying extra for a waterfront site make sure it really is on the water. They seem to have a funny policy about that.
Well I asked for my extra paid 10 euros back because I didn't see water anywhere close to my site. They refunded me without any questions asked.
I personally didn't like the way the campers are setup beside each other. But that's because I've been on so many campsites where you can park your van anywhere you like. Plus I'm a huge fan of "wild camping." It gives me the feeling of freedom.
I don't like having my neighbor sitting on my breakfast table.
I just didn't like the setup at Zeeburg too much.
I think the site could've been a I'll nicer maintained.
There are almost no power outlets to charge any devices. The "Power" that is on your campsite only works with special cables. So they are good for campervans and caravans with a Plugin.

On the plus side.
The staff was helpful and friendly.
The tram to the city is as promised just a 10 min walk away.
The prices at the onsite supermarket are very fair.
The campsite is located close to big highways which makes arrival and departure very easy.

Overall I would stay here again. But hopefully with better weather.
It's not an jewel of a campsite but it "works"

Room Tip: Vans and Camper try to get a spot in the "D" section
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Quite crowded, yet located in a peaceful area, not too far from the city centre. Has great facilities, a lot of showers (no additional fee), electric sockets and a place to prepare food. Perfect for a short stay and affordable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zuzasta
Reviewed 20 August 2017

It is close to the city, considerably cheaper than staying in a city hotel and I believe it has a lot more to offer having experienced both. We stayed in an eco-cabin, it is basic, but clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet at night time. The on-sight pub/restaurant was a pleasure to visit, with really good food and beer on offer. The shop offered a variety of food options which were not over-priced. Overall there was a really nice buzz about this place. We came with 2 young children and although most of the residents were in their twenties, it did not feel uncomfortable nor did we feel out of place. The staff here are also very friendly and welcoming and it genuinely feels as though they are happy to be at work

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family