1,380 results
All reviews basketball hoop great location van gogh museum tram stop quirky hotel breakfast room rooms are small steep stairs small lift hard boiled eggs amsterdam sign minute walk major museums quiet street double bed cold meats central station
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I can't say anything negative about the hotel, as it was very clean, comfortable and the stuff was friendly! Rooms were small but that was expected from an old house like this! The bathroom was comfortable and big enough and the beauty products were good. We also had the hotel breakfast which was decent: bread, fruits, yoghurt, juice and a lovely coffee machine with a good selection on coffees! I warmly recommend this hotel and if you want to enjoy the Museum Square this is the place to get your accommodation!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Telka K, General Manager at Max Brown Hotel Museum Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Minnamatkustaa,

I am glad to read that the overall experience at the Max Brown was very nice! Make sure you will think about us when you are visiting Amsterdam again!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This is quite a quirky little hotel in a great location. The staff were excellent, so friendly and helpful. Only a few issues that prevents it from being near enough perfect. There are very steep narrow stairs which at my advanced years I could not manage. On my request we were found another room accessible by lift with no fuss whatsoever, thank you Max. There was no coffee making facility in the room which is my sole criticism. Overall a hotel I would not hesitate to use again.

Room tip: Higher floors are quite.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Maurice,

Thank you for staying at the Max Brown! I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. About the coffee, you could always ask for the coffee at the bar. We have this instant coffee powder. Maybe good to know for the next time when you are visiting Amsterdam again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I only wish I had known about the Max Brown Hotels as it was excellent in every way. Wonderful décor!Comfort! Four of us stayed in the Loft Room and we doubled up in the Queen beds and slept very well on both nights. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Locations was excellent walking distance to everything. Definitely going to book in there again. I have stayed in Amsterdam on numerous occasions but this hotel was the best by far.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Beatrice,

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay at the Max Brown! Amsterdam is always changing, make sure you will think about us when you are visiting Amsterdam again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel was in a beautiful location next to the rijksmusuem. The room was small but perfectly formed and the communal areas and reception were lovely. The breakfast was good and the staff were very attentive. The hotel had lovely unique details. Really loved it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Trin S,
Thank you for staying at the Max Brown. Nice to read that you got the details in our hotel. I will pass on the nice comment about the staff. Hopefully we can welcome you next time!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated perfectly in the beautiful museum quarter. Set on a quiet road a stones throw from the nearest tram link and museums.
The hotel is cute and quirky, very tastefully decorated with a high standard. Despite the small size of the rooms (which is 100% expected in a city centre location) they have everything you need including a place to do your makeup, full length mirror, good hairdryer (it actually dries your hair!) and tea making facilities. Not forgetting the absolutely AMAZING bed. Wow. So comfy with the softest pillows and duvet, was a dream coming back to each night.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ksavy1984,
Thank you for staying at the Max Brown! I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our rooms. Hopefully we can welcome you back next time when you are visiting Amstedam.