Very clean hotel, downstairs has a seating area and free coffee and tea.
We stayed in a large vintage room, quite quirky with bats and butterflies painted on the wall. The room had a fantastic view over the canal but was small. However for the rate we paid you cannot complain! Fresh towels every day although the maid tended to come at around 10am and if your having some big nights in amdam like we did, then it's a bit of an unwelcome call!!
The room was very homely though with a nice big radiator that you could switch on whenever you like, it felt like we were staying in someone's house which was really lovely.
Was a very pleasant stay, friendly staff and good location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Max Brown is situated in three monumental canal houses with an amazing 300-year old façade, at the corner of Amsterdam's most famous canals: the Herengracht & the Brouwersgracht. You’re in the Urban center from the moment you walk in and collect your room key from the crew behind the impressive bar. You can choose to go straight up to your cosy room or to hangout in Max Brown's Social Space for a while ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Max Brown Hotel Canal District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Amsterdam
- Chic & Basic Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Chic Basic Hotel Amsterdam