2,696 results
All reviews dam square great location central location no air con reception staff the red light district buffet breakfast street noise wet room triple room vending machine quiet room train station cold meats within easy walking distance reception area main attractions
Reviewed 1 December 2015

As this was my first stay in Amsterdam I left the hotel booking with my friend who had advised me which location would be best to stay in i.e. Dam Square. This hotel was located right in the middle of everything and was in walking distance of a lot of museums and shops that we wanted to visit.
The only negatives about our stay was that the plumbing was rather loud and the walls were very thin so occasionally it sounded like we had elephants living above us. The lighting in the rooms was not great either, very dim and no ceiling lights, they were all wall lights, I am a make up wearer so the only room I was able to apply this in was the bathroom which made me get in the way of my two friends a lot of the time when we were all trying to get ready.
Apart from that the breakfast included was lovely, staff were friendly and price was fantastic for the 4 nights stayed.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Myself and another 2 girl friends just came back from this hotel. Perfect location, absolutely spotless, the breakfast was lovely and the staff were very friendly. We would definately visit this hotel again. Being 3 fussy girls we didn't find 1 fault. Rho hotel is a little jewel, so ignore the petty reviews. It's really good value for money :)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Stayed in this hotel over the weekend, very easy to find from central station, on check in the receptioist was quite short with us but that is forgivable as every other interaction we had with staff was attentive and professional. Our room was on the fourth floor at the back of the hotel, great views, it was so quite we couldnt believe we were still in the city, it was very basic but had everything you could need and was spacious enough for two.
Rho Hotel is located close to everything, the Amsterdam dungons, madame tussauds, the shopping area, Anne Frank house,central station (to get tour bus and tour boat), red light district, shopping malls and souvenir shops all within walking distance. We only had a weekend in Amsterdam and as tourists this hotel was brilliant for exploring the city.
The breakfast buffet was a feast for the eyes, there was such a selection on offer, everything from cured meats to pancakes on offer. I would definatly stay here again if going to Amsterdam. The only downside is the room got quite cold our last night, i grabbed the extra blanket from the closet. In the hotels defence i didnt want to get up and fiddle with the raditor so it was probably my own fault.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank shaum2015
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Ive given this a 4 star because of the location. the room was basic. tv bed shower room. breakfast was ok plenty of choice. would i stay there again? yes cos of the location.lots of shops and places to eat around it

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Great valve hotel right at Dam Square. One particular staff member was extremely helpful when we arrived and also printed out train times for our return journey. The rooms are basic but clean and the breakfast was average but overall it was a great choice and I would definitely recommend it. Even though it was so close to Dam Square, we had no noise from either the street or other guests.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple