See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We went for a 3 day 4 night trip to Amsterdam . Hotel location is great, walking distance to all the museums and things you want to enjoy and see un Amsterdam. Really liked the architect of the hotel and the service was great! Has a really good time talking to Nick ( Raunaq). Hopefully we will visit again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable. The windows in our room had seen better days (sash windows that wouldn't stay open).
There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms and no safe, but we weren't really that bothered. The shower in my brother's room didn't work properly.
There was a flat screen, wall mounted television in our room. The view from the window was actually lovely though, overlooking the courtyard garden.

We had to wait in the lobby a long time for our rooms to be ready which was a pain at the time as we were all exhausted (we weren't the only travellers waiting), but the staff were very pleasant and did apologise.
The day we checked out there was a huge water leak so looks like we got out in time!

The hotel was good for what we wanted, a little tired and in need of some love but like I said before, the beds were large and comfy and that's all we needed.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaptainKsays
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I was to stay at this hotel in May, however, one of my travel companions very suddenly and tragically passed away a month and a half before the trip- I had to cancel. The hotel refused to refund the almost $700 they charged the day I made the reservation (despite telling me I'd pay that amount at check in at the hotel in May) and wouldn't negotiate a lesser charge. I do not recommend this business to others.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Hotel Blyss is closer to a 2-star hotel than 3-star based on overall level of comfort, amenities, and service. Everything is very basic (e.g. only hand soap in the bathroom, no safety deposit box, etc.) and the service is fine but generally only one person at the front desk so sometimes there is a wait, sometimes you have to get your own luggage, etc. It's in a great location but for me, that didn't make up for the lack of comfort for the price.

Specific to my experience: First night I was put in a single room in the basement which was awful. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, the room was small and dark and did not seem clean (there was a spider in one corner). I asked the next morning to change rooms and to their credit, they accommodated me to a single room on the first floor which was much better.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the basement!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2017

If heading here by tram from Centraal station - I caught Tram No. 1 towards Osdorp de Aker and got off a few stops later at 1st Constantijn Huygensstraat. The hotel is a two minute walk around the corner.
People with reduced mobility - as mentioned by other reviews; there are several steps at the front door of this property.

Stayed for one night. The guy at reception was friendly and helpful and spoke perfect English. My room was a fair size but very basic. A couple of stains on the walls and a broken plug socket, but I had a good nights sleep. WiFi worked but wasn't brilliant. The room also had a lockable door leading out into the garden area behind, which was useful if you smoke. The bathroom was modern, clean and spacious with a decent shower.

Those couple of faults aside, this was a value-for-money stay for a hotel in central Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens if you're a smoker.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo