Polite, friendly and informative staff - The Service Desk is operated 24 hours a day.
Comfortable and clean beds - rooms are cleaned daily with fresh bedding and towels
Cycle Rental available - Cyclists in Amsterdam are well catered for with special cycle lanes everywhere.
Good location: Close to the Vondelpark, and 10 minutes walk to the Stedelijk, Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museums. There are also restaurants within walking distance. The Hotel is easy to get to via tram. See below.
It looks like it has been some time since the hotel was last renovated. The walls could do with being repainted or wallpapered again.
Staircases are quite steep - there is a lift/elevator but it doesn't access the 3rd floor. Also on the 2nd floor there are still some stairs to negotiate so wheelchair users or people with other mobility issues may find it difficult. Check with the hotel first before booking to make sure they can get you a suitable room.
In warm weather you may need to open the window and since it's near two main roads, the Overtoom and the Eerste Constantijn Huygensstraat there is considerable noise from the traffic and trams. This is probably true of most hotels in Amsterdam as it's a busy city with a thriving night life so not the fault of the hotel.
Overall, shop around for a good price before booking, one booking site quoted me £315 for 3 nights, where another one quoted £235 for the same period. If you can get the room cheap enough then it's good value, but don't pay over the odds.
Getting to Hotel Blyss:
Taxis are apparently very expensive in Amsterdam, so use trains and trams.
- From Amsterdam Schiphol Airport get a train into Amsterdam Centraal station, it takes about 20 minutes and costs €5.
- From Amsterdam Centraal get on the No. 1 Tram to Osdorp De Aker and get off at "1e Con. Huygensstraat" (Eerste Constantijn Huygensstraat) tram stop. Hotel Blyss is 5 minutes walk from this stop and this line runs right through the centre of Amsterdam so it's good to use when going out for the evening.
- The No 2 Tram to Nieuw Stoten for the most part runs in the same direction from Centraal Station but diverts off towards the Rijksmuseum, so you'll have to get off at Leidseplein opposite the Marriot, then it's 10 minutes walk along Vondelstraat to the hotel crossing the Eerste Constantijn Huygensstraat, a very busy road which you'll need to walk along to use the pedestrian crossing to get across safely.
In Centraal station you can buy a disposable GVB chip card for €7.50 which are valid for 24 hours. You can also buy cards which are valid for 1 hour and cost less, but this might work out more expensive if you want to visit many places. You can also buy a GVB card on the trams from a conductor who sits in a booth toward the rear of the tram.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel BLYSS in the centre of Amsterdam on a quiet street near Leidseplein and Vondel Park is known for its location, outstanding service, very friendely and pleasent staff. The hotel is surrounded by many attractions Museums Van Gogh, Stedelijk, Rijks Museum,floating Flower market, Theaters, bars, restaurants, clubs,casino, bike rent etc.etc. are within 5 minutes walking distance. RAI the exibition centre is easily accessible with in 10 minutes by tram or taxi. Vondel Park is 50 meters from the hotel and is a delight for joggers, bikers and in summer for music and theater admirers.Hotel Blyss has a cosy lobby with open fire place, study room with internet, a bar, breakfast room, a terrace and a garden to relax. Complimentary wireless internet is accessiblee all over the hotel. All 40 rooms are well equipped with facilities and most of the rooms have flat screen TVs. Blyss is a unique hotel in Amsterdam providing standard, deleuxe, suite and family rooms for 3 to 5 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Blyss reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blyss Hotel Amsterdam