3,291 results
All reviews amstel station amsterdam amstel city centre rooftop bar modern hotel min walk central station free wifi rent a bike public transportation business trip stayed here for nights double room visiting amsterdam amstelstation train stops
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Check-in was good, quick, and was allowed early check-in, for which I am thankful. Check-out was easy, with a nice touch of free stroopwafel. In between, the girl at reception wasn't very helpful, and even me gave me wrong information, which sent me the wrong way. I was told to get the metro (I verified if metro plus train, and she insisted it was just the metro). So there I was running around looking for a metro connection to Haarlem, only to find out it's metro plus the train. Luckily, I ran into an English speaking train personnel. I also asked if there was a grocery store nearby; was told there was none, and while walking back, I actually found one.

You can smell weed by the door... not sure if this is good, or bad. It was very busy during my stay, with bus tours around. Cafe/restaurant by the lobby is good, with amiable staff. The bar at the rooftop, not so much. I actually stayed at the hotel for the rooftop bar given the good reviews, only to be disappointed. I waited around, and no one came to take my order. And the staff just passed me by. In the end, I just left. Not a good view either (maybe when it's sunny).

The housekeeping staff was rude. I stayed in all day, in a middle room, and when she came in to clean the room, I said I needed 15 mins to change. She said she was leaving, so if I want it clean, she had to do it right then. Why would she wait till last seconds to service my room? Anyways, I stayed for 4 nights, and the entire time, it was very noisy till the wee hours, so couldn't sleep well. The fire alarm went off, so we had to wait to use the elevator. If you're in a hurry, this is not fun at all, but good to know, the alarms work.

Bottomline, it's an option, but keeps your expectations low.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BernadineEgbring, Manager at Hotel Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi Lyze,

Thanks for staying with us. I am sorry though to read about your disappointment in wrong information, waiting at hopp and had an incident with our housekeeper, for which I all apologize!
Your feedback helps us internally to improve and I am thankful for your comments, to learn from!
I do hope to welcome you back and this time to exceed your expectations ;-)

Kind regard,
Bernadine
Training and service development

Reviewed 19 September 2018

I like this hotel. It's friendly, the rooms aren't bad and the communal areas are nice, but as others have said it definitely seems to have gone down hill. The rooms don't really seem to be cleaned, the skirting boards have dust and fluff on them must have built up for months.

Something was wrong with the TV screen system as well, every evening when I returned to the hotel, the screen is lit up with a message to welcome some new random name that I have never heard of before, and I spent most my time half expecting this new person named on the screen to enter the room (as seems to have happened to colleagues a few times over the years)

I hope you can make Casa great again..

• Trip type: Travelled on business
BernadineEgbring, Manager at Hotel Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Hi Shep,

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us! I am thankful for guests like you to share your thoughts as we know better where to improve in.
Cleaning is one of our top priorities as of your suggestions, as well as the TV screen seems to be mixing up names, this is good insight for us to see where this comes from.
I am sure we can all make CASA great again, thanks to usefull feedback from our guests and correct actions from our side ;-)

Kind regards,
Bernadine
Training and service development

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Good hotel, clean with decent size rooms. Staff were very friendly and efficient at check in . My only criticism would be the beds that are pretty soft. There is a glorious roof top bar on the eighth floor, well worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We use to come here every year for an exhibition, used to be descent. However, this year you can really feel that the experience was downgraded:
No real cleaning, very basic breakfast, had to ask several time for essentials....

Trip type: Travelled on business
BernadineEgbring, Manager at Hotel Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi Roiy,

Sorry to hear about your experience! It was a pleasure having you in the least years, of course I would love to have you here next year.
We seem to have disappointed you, for which I apologize! Your feedback helps us to improve in the described ares; we focus on our cleaning standards and as of January our breakfast area will be renovated. So please do give us a chance to improve upon next year. we sure can do better!

Kind regards, Bernadine

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Check in was a nightmare, key didn’t work? I was asked to move to another room that was occupied when I opened the door. Room wasn’t cleaned at all for two consecutive days, just my bed was made. Dirt my cups of coffee left as is without wash. Bathroom wasn’t mended at all. Room is small too. Won’t be back.

1  Thank assafs429

Hi Assaf,
I am sorry to read about your disappointment, which I can totally imigane as so many things went wrong upon your check in.
It looks like Murphy's law was applied upon your stay, although I know this is not what makes you satisfied at all.
Sorry to hear about the cleanliness, we can update and check internally on our standards, thanks to your feedback!

I wish you a great day and although you might not have the intention, I would be happy to welcome you again!
Kind regards, Bernadine