5,918 results
All reviews train station great location rooms are small luggage room central location free wifi short stay light sleeper budget hotel dam square triple room city break red light district breakfast room public transport yogurt noise
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I think I got 4 hours poor quality sleep. The air con in noisy, the light from the air con control pad is glowing in your face and the station platform is right outside. It's hot, horrible - don't go!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank giles f
Reviewed 19 October 2017

On check in the staff continued to have a chat with a colleague who was outside the desk even though there was a queue of people waiting to check in. I'd love to know what they were talking about because they found it very amusing, even if all the customers were getting frustrated looking at them. Got to the room that I could only describe as a box with 2 single bed. It was so small you have to turn sideways to flush the toilet and get out of the bathroom. The mattress on the bed kept sliding off every time you sat on it or when you turned in the bed you'd end up on the floor. The toilet paper was like greaseproof paper!! Again on check out the staff were extremely rude. When we went to collect our luggage there was 3 guys behind reception, we thanked them as we left and not one of them had the manners to speak.

The bar staff were lovely, polite and friendly. The food was tasty. This was their saving grace!

Thankfully I only had one night there - and at that it was very overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank HMDIreland
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

The location is perfect! Very close to central station. The rooms a bit small but good service and clean. When you reach there, ask for top floors with Lake view and Amsterdam sign, the topper better, otherwise the train noise won’t let you sleep well.
It looks nice in general, you can take free ferry to reach the other side and take a picture with Amsterdam sign. The only disadvantage was there is no fridge in the room, but you can ask for kettle from reception. In general, it is highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mahta L
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The room was exactly what I needed and the hotel is in a great location near the Centraal train station. I actually enjoy staying near European train stations because of the ease of travel it provides. My room overlooked the waterway and a few of the train tracks, but with double pane windows noise was not an issue. Service was excellent. The front desk staff were helpful and courteous, as were the serving staff in the small restaurant/bar. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was a Heineken beer vending machine in the hallway -- not something you ever see at US hotels! One point off for the typical Ibis thin towels; also this Ibis had no USB charging ports in the room so I had to dig out my converters and plugs. The rooms are small here (typical for Ibis), but bearable for two people. I don't know if there are larger rooms for more people -- a larger group should inquire on that. I did not order the breakfast as it is easy to go outside the hotel to eat. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: I paid a bit more for a room with a view. Also, join the Accorhotels club to get lower room rates (about 10% lower)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank LaSerena
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Location of hotel was brilliant. The staff were fab especially the bar staff. Only downfall of the weekend was the breakfast so over priced for what you got but once I said to reception it was refunded and she apologised which was good. Would defo go back to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple