US$248
US$212
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$308/night.

NH Amsterdam Zuid(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$108
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$78
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$184
US$174
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

US$341
US$199
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$121
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$117
  • Pool
US$142
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$67
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$72
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

3,201 results
All reviewsrembrandt squaregreat locationamstel riverflower marketexecutive roomwalked everywherebars and restaurantscentral locationtram stopcity breakred light districtconciergedameurope
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The hotel is a bit dated and was expensive for what you get. However, it is in an excellent location and the staff were helpful. The room was clean but small. Only issue I would have with the room was the 'door' on the bathroom, it's more like a shower door which limits privacy and would not be to everyone's taste.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels
Management-Hampshire, Front Office Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for writing us your experience. It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the location and the helpful staff. Our apologies for the inconvenience that you had with the door in the bathroom.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Room was clean & roomy, needs a bit of Reno update, pretty good location to ferries & restaurants, concierge gentlemen was very pleasant & helpful, all up, was good. Light breakfast was a good deal.
Bathroom had an odour from the plumbing, needs to get looked at, and also bathroom was poor design as was tight to get into because of vanity shelf.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
thank you for writing us your experience. It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location. Our apologies for the inconveniences that you had with the odour in the bathroom.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I stayed in the hotel for 5 nights, and had an experience that even for a 3 star hotel I would not have expected in a European city well known for tourism

The room was quite small but as the dimensions had been provided online, I guess I should have known this. The bathroom was smaller, I found it cramped even for a small person such as myself. The shower doors also left a good part of the bathroom wet.

I am particularly sensitive to pillows and need a nice simple flat one. After suffering with the pillows on the first night, I requested for a flat pillow and was told that as they have 9 different choices of pillow, they would change them. The changed pillows however gave me little respite as seemed similarly heavily stuffed.

On the morning of my second day I found that I had bites on parts of my body. I kept an open mind and did not report it. However on waking up on my third night with more bites, I immediately reported that I felt I had bed bugs. I was requested to put my clothes in plastic bags so that they could be put in a fridge to kill anything. I was asked to do this then bring the clothes to reception. This approach I found to be not very helpful or very concerned of the problem.
I therefore objected to this and told them, I would put my clothes in the bags, but leave my things in the room and they would have to sort things out in my absence as I intended to go to the conference I was attending.

On returning early evening, I was met by a manager (not sure if she was overall manager or house keeping…) who whilst cautiously apologetic, explained that they had used the infrared light to check the bed and they found no evidence of bed bugs. (She had tried to call me but being in the conference I did not answer).

The explanation provided was that they had recently put new sheets on the beds and though they had been washed twice prior to use, she too had suffered a skin rash from them. I pointed out that mine didn’t look like a rash but were bites. My room was not changed due to this diagnosis, and I gave them the benefit of the doubt. The manager had asked me to call her if all was not well the following day.

As I had put my clothes in the plastic bags, on being asked whether I needed anything I asked for an iron to press my clothes. I was promised that they would immediately send this to my room. Fifteen minutes later when it had not come I had to call and ask for it again and it eventually came.

After my 4th night’s sleep, I woke up with another bite on my shoulder. I decided that I was not going to inform them of this as I felt that really they had no desire to help and had already made their conclusion.

On my final day, when checking out, I was expecting the usual hotel conversation of how my stay was, come again etc. Instead I wasn’t asked this but was told to ‘have a nice day…’ an odd checking out response, but reflective of the level of insensitivity experienced throughout my stay.

So The Hampshire Hotel, Eden Amsterdam is not a place I will revisit. Which is a shame as its location is central and with the canal in front scenic, though my room had a little window looking into another window!. Breakfast was fine and whilst the dinner menu was limited, I did enjoy one evening meal.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Althea63
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I stayed there for 2 nights. the hotel location is good, transportation is near by tram, metro within 5 minutes walking. from it , it is a walking distance to main attractions in the city.

single room is very small, but bed is ok. price is higher than it should provide.

Room Tip: Single room has a very small window but see nothing and cannot open
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Management-Hampshire, Front Office Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for writing us your experiences. Due to your comments, we are able to improve our service.
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel.
Our apologies that w didn't meet with you expectations about the demensie of the room.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This is a wonderful hotel. My husband and I stayed here in August, We walked to the Anne Frank house, did a canal cruise & enjoyed eating at numerous restaurants convenient to this hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Overlooking the canal
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
P S, Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear MinnesotaSam,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us.
It is good to read that the location was convenient for your stay and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back as our guest!

Kind regards, Patricia