3,389 results
All reviews rembrandt square great location amstel river flower market executive room walked everywhere bars and restaurants bathroom door central location tram stop red light district city break concierge rembrandtplein dam europe
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Me and a friend stayed for two nights in March 2017, we were there for a music festival. On arrival we got upgraded to a better room, which was amazing king sized bed, everything was modern. The bathroom was really good, the shower was a bit weird though. You could see through the shower in the bedroom with only a bit of frosted glass between, so didn't have much privacy when showering. However that wasn't a problem for me and my friend. The room we stayed in had a safe, flat screen TV and a large desk. Overall the room was great for what we expected. It is close to the ice bar and short walk to other places, me and my friend did find it hard to navigate around on the first day, but I'd just put that down to that we have never came to Amsterdam before. By the second day we had a better idea, just wish we stayed for longer!

Room tip: Ask if upgrade is available
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management-Hampshire, Front Office Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear Laura,
thank you for writing us your experiences during your stay. It is a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for all this lovely compliments. We hope that we may welcome you again during the next music festival or for an other reason.
Kind regards,
Carine Baesch

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Good location, housekeeping missed a day. Three mornings we were awakened by loud remodeling, drilling, pounding, scraping. When I asked the desk clerk for an adjustment on my bill, the duty manager spoke to the clerk in Dutch right in front of me. They didn't even acknowledge me or apologize but rather via the clerk offered a free continental breakfast for the harshly interrupted sleep. Who comes to Amsterdam to be forced up early by noise? Dirty room along the walls and baseboard. Maybe they'll paint over the dirt when they are remodeling.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management-Hampshire, Front Office Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Jared,
thank for writing us your experiences during your stay. Our apologies for the behaviour of the duty manager, we discussed this issue already with them. This isn't the way how to work out a complaint, but due to your comments we are able to improve all our services.
Kind regards,
Carine Baesch

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Staff are very helpful and polite. Breakfast was varied with something for everyone. We looked out at a another part of the hotel so view was non existent, however we were out and about as you should be in Amsterdam! Brasserie attached to hotel, Flo is excellent.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
P S, Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Dear guest,

We are happy to read that you had a great stay with us! We are delighted to read your comments; particularly your thoughts on the service and our Brasserie Flo you received during your stay. Our team is always at your service to assist you with any future requests.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I was surprised at how much better the rooms were than I had expected. I had a room on the ground floor looking into a back courtyard. While this made it a little dark, I wasn't bothered as I was only there to spend 2 nights. The room was clean and comfortable and had a safe. The bed and linens were good quality. The bathroom was fairly new, brightly lit, and well equipped with a bath/shower. My only qualm was that - like many hotel bathrooms in Amsterdam - there was always a slight smell of drains. However, nothing to complain about. I would have preferred to be on a higher floor but at this price I can't complain. I would recommend the hotel. I didn't bother to book breakfast (at 18 Euros) as there are so many good cafes to go nearby and enjoy a brighter atmosphere.

Room tip: Ask for a higher floor room
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Julienrobson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We will take your comments concerning the bathroom into consideration, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Im not usually one to write reviews but after i booked this hotel i looked up reviews on trip advisor and some were not great at all, I even tried to change my booking but ended up sticking to the Eden.
I found everything about the hotel to be fantasic. The staff were so helpful and polite, our room was nice and quiet and also newly decorated and out bathroom was brand new and spotlessly clean.
The hotel itself is in a great location, we walked just about everywhere from here but there are also tram stations very close by if needed.
Don't be put off booking the Eden from other reviews.

Room tip: we had room 207, super quiet internal room which was great.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted to hear you had such a good stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.