We ended our 12-night trip to Europe (3 Countries, 7 different hotels) at the Dikker & Thijs hotel in Amsterdam and we are so glad we did. The hotel is perfectly located next to many hotels, attractions, trams, and the Central Train Station. As we were a family of three traveling, the size of a "triple room" was fantastic.The sheer abundance of multi-cultural dining options - quite literally outside of our door - was wonderful for our 13 year old daughter. The room was spacious, (room on 4th floor), had a lovely view, and offered both in-room coffee and a mini-bar; both of which were nice. The only slight draw-back is that we faced a very busy street and the late-night partiers could be heard from our room. I believe if you ask for a room facing the canal or the back of the hotel; that the noise would be minimal. The partying stopped around 11PM - as did the bells on the trams. The staff is incredibly helpful and accommodating. The only "ding" I can give them was that our bathroom door didn't shut. At all. And it is something that others would have commented on and the house-cleaning stafff would surely have noticed. However, if you jam a washcloth in the door, it closed just fine - affording my 13-year old girl the privacy her newly-emerging teen angst demanded. Other than that, a perfect hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the beautiful Prinsengracht canal, you will find Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel. A historical four star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam. Experience a luxurious ambiance and walk to almost all famous sights. Most of the beautiful 42 hotel rooms of Dikker & Thijs Fenice Hotel have an amazing canal view. French cuisine is offered at Restaurant Thijs which also serves dishes with international influences and uses seasonal, fresh ingredients. A lounge and private dining room on the first floor offers scenic canal views. From Dikker en Thijs Fenice Hotel, you can easily walk to the main museums. Shopping streets and plenty of restaurants are nearby as well. The tram stop is right around the corner. Amsterdam City Centre is a great choice for travellers interested in food, nightlife and walking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dikker & Thijs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dikker And Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Dikker Thijs Fenice Hotel
- Hotel Dikker Thijs Fenice