“Great Ethiopian”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner here.
Great flavours and nice atmosphere. Cost with 1/2 litre of house red plus a beer; and two main courses to share: 45eu.
Great value; recommended.

1  Thank tracy c

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Nice place, good (local) music, very sympathic staff and, more importantly, good traditional food. Be ready Ethiopian menu only (incl beer and wine if you wish). This is a eetcaffee, not a restaurant but no difference from food perspective. Just more cozy and informal

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

They have the original ingredients to make the real Ethiopian injera and I love it. The service is so spectacular and the design of the house really amazing. It recommended for everyone. The waitress are amazing and friendly.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

On a freezing cold, rainy, blustery day in Amsterdam, we entered a warm oasis only to be greeted by friendly smiles and a soothing atmosphere. The word Abyssinia is the ancient name of ancient Ethiopia. The decor is indeed reminiscent of old Africa, with soft lighting, rustic textures and tasteful art.

Ethiopian food is for sharing. I learned this during a recent visit. So instead of navigating the exciting menu, I asked the chief to create something. He put together a huge circular tray with a rainbow of flavors and colors. By the way, good veggie choices too!

The tray comes with generous portions of that famous traditional soft bread called Njera. Delicious and filling (the chief gave us four meals combine for five people, and it was more than enough!)

And to top it off, Ethiopian beer.

When the bill came, I decided “we’ll be back soon enough!

Top ratings for Abyssinia- nothing less!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I love this restaurant. I love the food. I love the service, I love the location. I love the view. Ethiopian food is so good and clean. It fills you up but never weighs you down!