“Good Curry in Amsterdam”

Tandoor Special Indian Restaurant
Reserve with
Tandoor Special Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #818 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I actually used Trip Advisor to choose between this restaurant and another one round the corner.

The service was excellent and the food didn't disappoint either. I had my usual of lamb madras and it was nice and spicy as I'd expect. Portion size was good too. There was a decent selection on the menu and they gave us complimentary popadoms as a starter. Overall rtf the bill was very reasonable (less than €50 for a main and drinks for two).

The little things were good too like holding my partner's coat for her to put on and holding the door for us when we left.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

This restaurant was found by us occasionally and we decided to visit it and didn't regret. The atmosphere is quite good and the staff is friendly and helpful. We came some 15 minutes before the restaurant`s opening time, but were immediately invited to go in.
The meal was great and very tasty and the possibility to choose the meal from the menu was good too.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Large group of us went together. Prebooked a large table. Food is standard indian fare. Focusing on the tandoor. Tandoori chicken was good. Service slow over an hour to get main course. Restaurant about half full.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

I went for the non veg Thali with a side of prawn pakora and asked for it spicy. The pakora was great, and the generous serving of naan with the Thali was perfect. The chicken in the curry was also so tender and had a lovely flavour. However the soup was very odd, and I didn't find the other curries in the Thali very flavoursome. Also not nearly spicy enough for my tastes. Nevertheless service was attentive and I thought it was good value. Perhaps just get some curry recommendations first.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

The food in this place is amazing. We were looking for some nice indian food, walked by this place, got in, and had a feast of flavours!

We had the tourist menu advertised in the window, and the chicken coconut curry and it was yummy!

The service and overall the experience was really nice.

1  Thank alejorosero