“Nice but mixed”

Tandoor Special Indian Restaurant
Reserve with
Tandoor Special Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #801 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

I went for the non veg Thali with a side of prawn pakora and asked for it spicy. The pakora was great, and the generous serving of naan with the Thali was perfect. The chicken in the curry was also so tender and had a lovely flavour. However the soup was very odd, and I didn't find the other curries in the Thali very flavoursome. Also not nearly spicy enough for my tastes. Nevertheless service was attentive and I thought it was good value. Perhaps just get some curry recommendations first.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

The food in this place is amazing. We were looking for some nice indian food, walked by this place, got in, and had a feast of flavours!

We had the tourist menu advertised in the window, and the chicken coconut curry and it was yummy!

The service and overall the experience was really nice.

1  Thank alejorosero
Reviewed 14 October 2016

I visited Amsterdam recently with very good friends of mine who I consider to be curry experts. We enjoyed our meals so much we dined again two nights later. Chicken Jalfrezi and Vindalo both excellent as were the poppadoms and garlic nans. Don't go for the onion Bhaji though as they come as onion rings. Good service as well, recommended.

1  Thank geordie5858
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

This place is just off the main shopping street and from the outside doesn't look very appealing. But take a chance!
The food is excellent and tastes like heaven. The service is okay but some of the staff didn't speak dutch only English, for a tourist that is not a problem but as a local I like to speak my own language in my own country. But the staff were friendly and the food is lovely. The pashawari naan is so tasteful and they used lots of fresh herbs like coriander which I love.
Prices were not too high and in line with the quality.

1  Thank E J
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Due to next door indian restaurant being closed on Monday, I ended up in this restaurant only because they serve thali too. The thali was good, not that special but tasty and enough portions. Only the soup as a starter was a bit odd, better include a somosa.
But not special enough to return, there are a lot more better Indian restaurants in the city.
Friendly staff.