3,697 results
All reviews rembrandt park tram stop free shuttle from the airport the hotel shop rooftop bar dam square shuttle service number tram hour pass corner room lovely park takes you straight top floor lovely hotel city tax central station minute walk from the hotel
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights; two nights prior to a group tour and two after the group met up. When I went to check- in, they had no idea who I was and had no record of my reservation. I gave them a copy of my reservation provided by my tour company and after twenty minutes, things were straightened out.

The breakfast was superb with great selection!

There is a tram stop a two minute walk from hotel that goes straight into the city close to the Anne Frank House.

There is no clue whatsoever in the room as to how one would attempt to contact Reception via telephone. I later found out you had to dial 9, but after trying and that not working, I had to physically go downstairs and talk to Reception about a wake up call.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Roelof G, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Nancy J,
First of all, let me start by thanking you for your recent stay with us, and for leaving us your valued review.

I am sorry to hear that you had some problems with finding your reservations upon check-in, that is always not a good way to start a stay, but I am very glad this was rectified.

Furthermore, my sincere apologies reading that you had no information on how to contact the reception and the Phone in your room was not working. Normally, in every room, we do have a small board with some information, including how to contact the reception. The reception contact information can usually also be found on the TV menu in the room and also on the key card holder. However, we have taken this into consideration, and will look into making it more visible to our guests.

I am however pleased to read that these did not totally dampen your stay with us. The breakfast is indeed superb as you have mentioned. It is usually fresh and with alot of variety.

I do hope we can welcome you with us again on your next trip to Amsterdam.

Kind regards
Roelof Gjaltema
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Airport Transfer and Reception staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Executive Panoramic room is worth paying a bit more for. Views are great. Hotel have a relaxed bar on the roof which is pleasant of a nighttime. Hotel staff were friendly to children, is mostly adults who stay here though. Breakfast is free for younger kids. Rembrandt Park is literally right outside and well worth a walk around. Public transport to the city centre isn't far either. Would stay at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Central hotel next time we visit.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

First the good—clean, good breakfast buffet, good bar on 17th floor with beautiful views and quite good bar food, lovely park across the street, fairly close to trams, decent room amenities. The bathroom was good size with good counter space. They give you an option to decline room service for a 5 euro certificate for use on food or beverages. The staff at the desk were excellent and helpful. In nice weather the rooftop would be lovely.

The mediocre— our room was decent size but had no closet or bedside tables. #305. The hotel is modern and functional but charmless.

The bad—this is a personal thing but I prefer being close to things. This hotel is not near much of anything we found the Mercaturplein neighborhood with some unappealing places to eat but it was not vibrant or interesting. The closest tram is about 2 blocks away and another in the Mercat area about 4-5 blocks. The #7 takes you right near the Museum area and a great part of the city.

So the good outweighs the bad but because of the location, I would not stay here again and if you like being near sights and culture, this isn’t best. If you prefer quiet and out of the way, you might like it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We had a four night stay at the Ramada Apollo over the August Bank Holiday weekend. We arrived before normal check-in time and we were offered twin bed rooms as our doubles were not yet ready. We accepted the twin beds and were happy with the size of the room and bathroom. Breakfast was still being served in the panoramic restaurant on the 17th floor, so we decided to pay the 18 plus euros and eat. There was a wide variety of items on the menu, including cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage and make your own waffles. The hot dishes were luke warm but edible - we were hungry and it was just on the end of breakfast. Hot drinks were out of machines and there was a range of cold juices and water. The breakfasts on following days (included with our room) were a bit hotter when taken earlier in the sitting. The views from the restaurant were spectacular. Our room appeared to be 'made' after the first night, although our used cups were not cleaned or the tea/coffee/milk/stirrers replenished. The room was not made after that and we replenished our own room from the breakfast area each morning. Our shower tray blocked on the first use and nearly flooded the bathroom, but this was sorted same day it was reported. The hotel is a bit out of the way and we taxied or used the trams into the town centre to dine, we did use the bar on the 17th floor for night-caps and paid hotel prices for the drinks. A small bottle of apple cider was 5.60 euros. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. On our departure we had to leave at 6.10 am and, as breakfast started at 6.30 am, we were offered a packed breakfast each to be collected from reception on departure. This was not the case and two bags of hastily collected items from the coffee cart in the hotel lobby were put together and given to us as we left. I don't think we will use this particular hotel again.

Room Tip: The views from the 17th Floor Restaurant are spectacular.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Ramada for one night passing through. I have stayed at other Ramada hotels and this is definitely the best. As I wanted to see the sights of Amsterdam and only had one night, I didn't have time to try the restaurant on the 17th floor which I would have liked to as I have heard good reviews. The staff were friendly, efficient and very willing to help. The room was lovely, a corner room with nice views. It was modern and clean and I loved the bathroom. I arrived nearly 6 hours before check in time and went to reception to ask if I could leave my suitcase but as soon as I said I was early she told me she would try to do better than that, made a few calls and I was in my room in minutes. I had no plans to come back to Amsterdam but after having a fabulous day and night there, I will be back and I will stay at the Ramada Apollo.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo