Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre
NH Amsterdam Zuid(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$211
US$300
US$282
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$229
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$95
US$119
US$112
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$301
US$292
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$115
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$254
Cancelon
3,451 results
All reviewsrembrandt parktram stopfree shuttle from the airportthe hotel shoprooftop bardam squareshuttle servicenumber tramhour passcorner roomtakes you straightbeautiful parklovely hotelcity taxtop floorcentral stationexecutive room
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Originally booked into a queen bed room only to find linen had stains on them and spare pillow didn’t have a pillow case. Normally wouldn’t look at spare pillow but turned up to see only two pillow on “queen” bed which wasn’t enough. I’d expect 4 pillows on that size of bed. Despite the being a queen bed, it wasn’t any bigger than our king size bed at home, yet it was a smaller room for the size of bed.

We contacted reception and was offered an upgraded room, on a higher floor and with a bigger bed...albeit it was two single beds put together. Not what we wanted, but after travelling and wanting to settle down we accepted it. The room was much bigger as well.

The customer service and staff service was overall very good, however despite being in a different room we had the same lack pillow issue that we had in our original room. This was eventually rectified after contacting reception 4 times over a decent period of time.

Breakfast and room service is very over priced. On our first night we ordered Quesadillas on room service and got little change from €30...the quantity of food did not reflect that cost and we were both left slightly disappointed. We managed to get breakfast and a few evening drinks from a nearby Albert Hjein supermarket not far from the hotel for little over €5. Much better than the €18 per person hotel were offering for breakfast each day.

As a whole the place was comfortable and we slept well, even if it was two single beds paired together. The staff were generally helpful and friendly. The hotel isn’t really central, but there are good transport links nearby. I’m sitting writing this review as I depart uncertain of if I’d choose whether I’d stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craigcampbell
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t go to the hotel for my visit and had to cancel so i had dealings with the customer service department and i have to say they are one of the worst i have dealt with! I had a major family problem and was unable to go the hotel cost £350 go 2 nights they were very unhelpful and refused to give a refund even though it was due to unforeseen circumstances! They didn’t even offer an alternative date so i didn’t lose my money! Very unhappy with how i have been treated in this situation!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Roelof G, Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Mr. Jukes,

Although I obviously would have wished to be informed about your situation through a different platform as Tripadvisor, I am still glad that we now have the opportunity to get in touch.

I have been able to retrieve your e-mail address and will send you a personal note also. In all honesty, indeed, we do not refund a non-refundable booking. As you perhaps understand, we offer a tremendous amount of our guests a fair discount for making non-refundable bookings. The understandable risk is that when somehting happens on the guest's behalf, that they then loose out on the booking that they made.

However, having read the reason of your cancellation in the e-mail correspondence you had with my colleagues from the booking office, I agree that we should have provided an alternative solution in the form of some sort of alternative date. I have checked with my colleagues and they would have wanted to make you a similar offer also but they should have made this much more explicit in their first e-mail already.

As mentioned, I will also send you a personal email. I hope to get in touch soon.

Best regards,

Roelof

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for my husband's 40th birthday present, paid €95 to upgrade the room to the executive suite. Was told you would get a breakfast in the room on one morning, a cake and the room decorated, this was a slice of cheese cake and a few balloons which was a little disappointing, but the breakfast was amazing, we had so much food!! Was even able to make up sandwiches for later in the day. The hotel it's self was really nice and staff were really welcoming. The bed and the pillows in the room were amazing and we had the best 3 nights sleep. We went up to floor 17 of a drink one of the evenings, but was literally 1 as was very expensive. It is a little out of the centre of Amsterdam but this was quite nice as had to get the tram in and saw places you wouldn't normally see. We really liked it here and would definitely stay here if we get to visit again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Roelof G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Jody E,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving us some nice words. Your review is highly valued.
Let me start by apologising about the birthday package that was not up to standard, please be assured that i have immediately taken this up with my colleagues incharge of this, so it does not happen again.
I am however very glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast, it is indeed a great variety.

I am all smiles reading that the bed and pillow specifically make your night rest better. Having a good night rest while with us is really a priority of ours.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on your next stay with us, I will be my pleasure to welcome you personally and make sure you have a more special stay this time around.

Kind regards
Roelof Gjaltema

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment - I've unfortunately been to better hotels in the area as well as the city center. For starters, after spending three nights at the Ramada Apollo and leaving a "Please make up our room" sign on the door the first day, and actually calling housekeeping the second day because they did not make up our room for two days in a row, we came back from a long day out to find that our room was STILL not made up! We finally made a complaint at the front desk and let them know that this was unacceptable. They were kind enough to offer us a free shuttle to the airport as an apology. However, despite having had our room number and all our details, the shuttle left because we went down ten minutes late. We were at the front desk at 10:10 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m., checked out, and asked about our shuttle upon which we were told it's outside waiting for us. We went outside and looked around, realized that there were two buses parked with no driver in sight. So we went back in, asked another staff member at the front desk who tried to call the driver, told us that he wasn't picking up and that "it's actually 10:15 a.m. - you're late, he probably left." We ended up ordering an uber to the airport instead. What an apology that was for spending three nights at a hotel without our room being made up and a clean set of towels being placed - A free shuttle ride to the airport that wont wait for you, pick up the hotel staff's calls, and wont try to notify you that s/he's done waiting for you - because how big of a deal is a missed flight, right?
The hotel is about a 5 minute walk away from two different tram stations and a 20-30 minute tram ride to the city center They do not offer any umbrellas unlike other hotels in the area and given that you're far from the center, by a large park, and will most likely want to do quite a bit of walking that was a huge drawback. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nada A,

Thank you for leaving us your highly valued feedback. I am sincerely sorry to understand that there were several aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectation.

I was unable to allocate a personal email address based on your Tripadvisor account. I would really love to get in personal touch with you so that I may perhaps still be able to restore some of your faith in our hotel.

In any case, we have indeed been the ''victim'' of extensive works on the tramline. As such, the tram connection that ensures a very swift connection with the city and is located right in front of the hotel is currently out of order. We do try to inform our guests to the best of our ability, but the total time to travel to the city is indeed a bit longer.

As to the shuttle and the housekeeping standards. We should have done a better job in this regard. I would like to highlight how our reception staff and shuttle drivers do their outmost to ensure a smooth connection to the airport. I can only imagine that some sort of miscommunication has led to you missing the shuttle. In any case, I would like to compensate you for the taxi that you had to take.

Dear Nada A, I cannot undo the experience that you had during your recent stay with us. I do hope to receive an e-mail from you so that we can make some arrangements. My email address is roelof.gjaltema@ramada-apolloamsterdam.com.

Many thanks for your consideration in advance and best regards,

Roelof

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Just back after a long week end in Amsterdam with my family.
Very nice hotel with big rooms with view, good breakfast selection and very nice top terrace.
Not far from tram stop and bike rental available.
A nice playground for kids in the park in front of the hotel

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Alessia M

Dear Alessia M,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving us your valued feedback.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we were able to make it a great stay for you and your family.

The breakfast is indeed a great way to start your day here, it is very fresh with alot of variety.

I am delighted to see that you made use of the bike rental. That is an excellent way to also get around in Amsterdam and experience the city like a local. Although the tram is also very efficient just as you have mentioned.

The rembrandtpark is a great park with the little playground for kids. Even nicer now that summer is coming around, it is a great spot for a nice family picnic or barbecue :-)

I do hope i will have the pleasure to welcome you back again with us on your next trip to Amsterdam

Kind regards