“Nice Iranian Place ”

Daar Baand
Ranked #2,140 of 4,589 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$23 - US$45
Cuisines: Persian
Description: Daar Baand is an Iranian restaurant filled with quirky kitsch such as dolls in traditional clothing, Iranian paintings and, of course, water pipes. The menu includes traditional dishes such as kebabs, but also more unusual ones like spicy duck in pomegranate sauce.
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This place has a very nice traditional seating area inside, the design of the shop of beautiful, the service was spot on they would always come to ask if we wanted something extra, the food was very good, I asked to change something in my order which wasn’t in the menu and they gladly adjusted to it, would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Despite a couple of less than flattering reviews on here, I was personally very impressed with the food at Daar Baand. The portions are generous and everything on my plate tasted freshly prepared and cooked to perfection. The manager (owner?) was extremely welcoming and friendly. So far this is one of the best examples of Persian food I've had in Amsterdam (and there are a few). Nicely priced and a pleasant if uncomplicated setting in a central area. I've been twice and will be coming here regularly while in Amsterdam. Highly recommended if taste is top of your list.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Besides lacking space and comfort the staff is rude. Also the food is terrible! The prices are also much higher than others. As a local I will never go again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The food is absolutely amazing. I'm a big fan of Persian food, and this place definitely met my expectations. I can only recommend this place!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We found a living caterpillar in the salad, they didn’t even offer us a discount and wanted us pay 3% extra because we had a Visa card from Sweden!! Sad and gloomy waitresses.