“ALWAYS THE BEST ARGENTINIAN EMPANADAS IN AMSTERDAM”

Restaurant Argentino Luna
Reserve with
Restaurant Argentino Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: You have lots of Steak Restaurants in Amsterdam, BUT there is only one that is really worth a visit. Convince yourself. We look forward to you soon to welcome you. Luna Restaurant is since 1990 a term for delicious food and drinks and the typical Argentine atmosphere in Amsterdam. The meat and fish are cooked. An original parrillada (Argentinian grill) We also have choice of vegetarian delights. We also serve lunch dishes, on Saturday, a nice combination with the Linden and North Market. We are located at JORDAAN district.
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Most of the people goes to Luna because of the meat (steaks) but they forget that they have other things, that are even better...
The empanadas that the owner prepares with the best meat and all the nice Argentinian ingredients, are the BEST in Amsterdam for me. Every time that I want to taste a good empanada I go back to this place.
This time I´ve meat for first time the "milanesa". Also something to recommend. Good meat, a lot of nice tasty bread... And the frites are really good also.
To finish... "budin de pan", a kind of bread pudding, typhical argentinian.
Claps to Luna, the quality of food and service are always in a good level!
Recommendable to make reservation in advance if you are planning to go during the weekend.

Oberdan M, Eigenaar at Restaurant Argentino Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2015

Thank you for your nice words. I appreciate that very much.
How nice that you find the empanadas so good and tasty.
I like to read you the quality of the food, drink and the service like that. I find it very pleasant to read back. I am always working on it.
I hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

Went here on our last night in Amsterdam. Had read the reviews and because there are soooo many steak houses we were unsure which to pick. Although it was a 15 minutes walk in the other direction from out hotel - it was well worth it!!! Wow - the restaurant has great atmosphere and even though they were very busy the staff were fantastic. We had the stuffed bell pepper (which was lovely) and the soap for starters. For mains we were a little unsure and decided in the end to go for the mix meat for 2 (which had 4 steaks from a selection of countries), I'm so glad we did! The meat was the best steaks we have eaten!

Along with a bottle of house red and two cocktails the bill was €88, which we thought was well worth it!! Would highly recommend this restaurant :)

Thanks so much for your visit in Luna and that you take the time to write about it.
I appreciate that very much.
How nice that your food and drinks were delicious. Good that you were happy with the choice of beef mix.
Thank you that you also write about the staff, which is very important for me because not only the quality of the food and drink but also the staff must be good. Luckily it was. I hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Our first night in Amsterdam, we managed to get a booking - just (it was Valentine's weekend and REALLY busy) Beautiful food. Prawn starter and mixed vegetable starter, followed by Argentinian steaks with one of the delicious sauces...the meals were so good we visited the restaurant again before we went home.

Oberdan M, Eigenaar at Restaurant Argentino Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Thanks that you visit Luna twice.
Very nice that you have your good experience shared here. I appreciate that very much.
Once again thank you and maybe see you soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

Went here for my birthday meal and wanted somewhere to have a nice steak. Checked trip advisor and this came up local with great reviews. Being only 500 yds from our hotel is always a bonus.
I ordered the carbondara soup which was like a bolognese soup and tasted beautiful, my wife ordered the fried mushrooms which she enjoyed and was a very generous portion. Onto the main event we all ordered the rib eye steaks 2 x 200g and 1 x 300g mine was cooked medium and perfect melt in your mouth, I could not fault it, the other two were equally cooked to perfection. The wine was an Argentine Malbec house wine at €16.90 and was lovely and not too pricey. Overall a lovely night great food and good service.

Oberdan M, Manager at Restaurant Argentino Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

So it was a good choice for your Birthday meal?!
Nice to read that you like your evening at Luna. Thanks for charing this.
I really appreciate this.
Thanks again and maybe we see each other a next time.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

Absolutely wonderful! Steaks were cooked as requested and top notch. Beautiful bottle of Malbec for under €20 and all accompanied by a very talented guitar player! Mustn't forget the staff who were friendly & attentive. Must go again......

1  Thank The_Canal
Oberdan M, Eigenaar at Restaurant Argentino Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

Thank you for your visit Luna.
I appreciate that you have taken the time to write something about it.
I like to read that everything was okay. I'm also glad you liked the steaks and Malbec, the service and the live music.
See you