Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Vagosg P

A good experience

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 May 2024
We stayed 3 nights. Our stay there was very nice. The room was cosy and clear.The breakfast was very good and the buffet included many different options. Also, the staff was friendly and polite, specially Alex from the bar. In all, I would recommend this hotel
Date of stay: May 2024
Responded 2 weeks ago
Dear Vagosgp,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Rowan P
  • Skyscanner.com
    €407
2.7 km from Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside
View more hotels in Amsterdam
All reviews metro station free ferry great hotel ferry ride check in was smooth large hotel late check central area minute walk staff was very friendly and helpful i highly recommend this hotel the breakfast area comfortable stay decent size fantastic stay yogurt enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2024

Beautiful hotel, nice room with amazing view but all the experience is pretty sad because the reception staff is not being very profesional and for sure not very helpful.

I would not recommend this hotel because is pretty far from Amsterdam Central, walking 20 minutes to take the ferry.

I left disappointed by the whole experience, the only ones who changed a little bit the mood was Eleni, Christos and Mina (F&B department) being friendly and profesional in the same time and having always a big smile on their face!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2024

Hello madalina1397,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and making IHG Hotels & Resorts a part of your travel.

We strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express, but I'm sorry to learn about what happened. We take feedback seriously, and I have shared your comments with our hotel management to address this immediately. I'm confident they will take steps so it won't happen again.

Your loyalty is important to us. We hope you choose IHG Hotels & Resorts for your future travels.

Jenilyn J.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 25 April 2024 via mobile

Great for location to city centre ( providing you are relatively active, 20 min walk to ferry ( free service). Poor breakfast selection and over the 3 days continuously running out of options even when getting down for an early one. Reception staff excellent. Must improve Breakfast though and would rate this place higher.

Room tip: Parking fees at hotel €25 per day, outside hotel €9.50 per day, no brainer. Very simple and safe walk to the ferry and extremely frequent.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2024

Dear Kenny A,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside while visiting Amsterdam and providing feedback about your experience. It's a pleasure having you as our guest.

I am pleased that our hotel's location and our staff's service met your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience, and it is always great to hear from our valued guests how we are doing. I also took note of your feedback about our breakfast. I will share your comments with our team to provide a better experience in the future. Furthermore, I apologize for your observation.

Once again, thank you for deciding to stay with us. We would be delighted if you revisit us in the future.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 25 April 2024

THEIR HOUSEKEEPING STAFF IS EFFIN DISHONEST! We stayed there in Sept 2022 for our Atlantic-Mediterranean cruise (chose sept 2023 on "When did you go?" question bec it didnt go farther down to sept 2022). I left my pair of Louis Vuitton men's sandals worth US$700+/-

Initially they said there was no sandals left when we checked out.

And then they said, housekeeping found it and brought it down to housekeeping office. And the they said, in the housekeeping office, someone mistakenly threw it away!!!

They wouldn't pay us at least the amount to buy a used sandals online at least.

They only offered to pay half of the amount we were asking for.

Here is a company that is an ENABLER! They'd let their housekeeping go scott free to steal from their guests!

I have traveled to other countries and cruised four times but I have never experienced something like this.

Also, when we told them that it was a Svetlana name written on that little housekeeping card that's assigned to the room, they said that it was not her that's assigned to the room. So, they're telling us that it's another person that's assigned to the room? Or just a cover up?

Also, is it possible the thief kicked my sandals further underneath the bed so it would be out of our sight? Which he/she succeeded on doing!

I saved all my correspondence with them.

Room tip: GUARD/ACCOUNT ALL YOUR STUFF TO PREVENT DISHONEST STAFF FROM TAKING THEM! WOULD HAVE REPORTED THEM TO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IF IN THE USA
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hiex Reception, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2024

Dear G666883,

First and foremost, I want to express my sincere regret for the loss of your valuable Louis Vuitton men’s sandals. Losing personal belongings is distressing, and I understand how disappointing this situation must have been for you. Losing personal belongings is indeed distressing, and I understand how disappointing this situation must have been for you.

Our housekeeping team strives to provide exceptional service, and I am deeply concerned that their actions fell short of our standards. I assure you that we have investigated this matter to understand what went wrong and ensure that corrective measures are taken.

However, I must emphasize that the hotel cannot be held responsible for guests’ personal belongings. While we take all necessary precautions to maintain security and integrity, incidents like this can be challenging to investigate, especially when they occurred over a year ago.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience you faced, and I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and I hope we can regain your trust in the future.

Duty Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2024 via mobile

Nice room, great staff, decent breakfast but you spoil it all by having a lift which has been out of service for days. We were on 10th floor which meant using the lift was necessary and with only one lift in service this resulted in unacceptable queues. You really need to kick some *** with your lift maintenance company. Plenty of other hotels in Amsterdam to choose from with lifts that work.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hiex Reception, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2024

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your candid review.
We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations.
We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Edoardo L.
Duty Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2024

I reserved for 5 nights still there one of two elevator still out of service few times remembered to receptions for this but unfortunately useless every morning we fall in the hell because of even over than half hour waiting for elevator
I don’t know why nobody care to morning traffic in the floors to breakfast
Friday is our checkout and still out of order 😳

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hiex Reception, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2024

Dear 448az,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express AMSTERDAM - NORTH RIVERSIDE.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

I understand how frustrating it can be when the elevator is out of service. Elevators are critical for guest mobility, and any disruptions impact the overall experience. When we experience an elevator problem, we notify the lift manufacturer immediately so that they can resolve it as quickly as possible. However, due to essential damaged parts that must be ordered, the elevator has been out of service for longer than we would have liked.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Nick B.