“Great steaks”
Review of Midtown Grill

Midtown Grill
Reserve with
Midtown Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$9 - US$175
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amsterdam's best address for steaks, chops and seafood. Inspired by the tradition of the quintessential New York steakhouses, Midtown Grill is serving up finest USDA certified steaks, irresistible classics and an extensive selection of world class wines. At Midtown Grill the emphasis is on pureness, simplicity, fresh ingredients and quality, which is why the restaurant works with the most premium meat kinds among which the unmatched Creekstone Farms prime USDA certified beef fillet. The restaurant has a warm ambiance with a vibrant view of the bustling part of Amsterdam between the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein. All senses are stimulated here, by the vibrant environment as well as the open kitchen and personal service. #MeatMeAtMidtown
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely place, managed to fit me in despite all the bookings. Excellent steak, high quality meat and perfect cooking. Excellent service, without being too nosey. The bone in ribeye is a thumbs up.

1  Thank Steven N
Marc M, F&B Supervisor at Midtown Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Steven,

Thanks for sharing your experience in our restaurant.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit here. We are fully committed to deliver the best product and service to our guest. Reading your comments make us really proud. We hope you can visit us again!

Marc M.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed 20 May 2017

If you're looking for great quality steak, this is the place! The food was perfect and came very quickly, even though it was quite busy. My girlfriend and I both ordered a different Filet Mignon and shared them - hers was American and mine was Dutch. Both were incredible with the American being my favourite - slightly saltier. I highly recommend it.
The service was great with our server, Vera, being very friendly, welcoming and conversational and she knew a lot about the city, which was helpful!
Finally, we were given a postcard which was a nice little surprise, so we sent a message back home.
Because the restaurant is within the Marriott Hotel, it was quite expensive, but this was expected, and the service and quality made up for it! We suggest that you book a table but we cannot fault anything.

1  Thank calxlea

Dear calxlea,

Thanks for sharing you experience in our restaurant.

We are delighted to see how you enjoyed your visit. We work with the best suppliers in both USA and Netherlands in order to deliver the best product to our guests. As well, all the team is extremely committed to give the best service experience, that's why your comments make us so proud! We definitely hope we can have you with us again.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

If you like steak you won't be disappointed. Will start of saying little bit pricey but the service you get is fantastic.

Staff are very welcoming seated us half an hour before our reservation time to so that was very nice ( Make a reservation).

Went here to celebrate my partners birthday. From what I read on the reviews it seems they like to go all out to help people celebrate their birthday so give them notice. I wish I had giving them notice.

Steak is out of this world cooked very well. Apple pie was very tasty

Marshmallows and the post cards is a nice little extra.

Was here for about 2 hours but service wasn't slow and food come very fast even though it was busy.

Would vist here again next time I am in Amsterdam

You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank dabish88

Dear dabish88,

Thanks for sharing your experience in our restaurant.

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed our food. Indeed, we work very close with the best suppliers in order to deliver the best product. As well, we are extremely committed on giving the best service experience. For all of that, your comments make us so proud! It's going to be a pleasure to have you again with us on your next trip to Amsterdam.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Prices are a bit higher in this restaurant, but the quality of the meat is definitely higher. So overall a very good experience.
Starters were also very good.
It is a very busy place, so better make a reservation.

1  Thank Noam Z

Dear Noam,

Thanks for sharing your experience in our restaurant.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit. We are committed to deliver the best product and it's a pleasure to see that you appreciate that. We hope we can see you again in our property.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I was taken here for my birthday and I really enjoyed this birthday meal.
The staff are so friendly and attentive.
They hung up my jacket.
We were seated in a lovely area of the restraunt and next to a window with a lovely view
Service was great.
The meal was lovely. We had lovely bits of steak and apple pie for desert. Absolutely delicious.
It got busy but I still felt as my partner and I were the only two people in the room.
I enjoyed roasting the marshmallows over the fire
I enjoyed the postcard.
What a lovely birthday.
Thank you to all the staff for making my birthday a lovely one.

1  Thank Louise C

Dear Louise,

Thanks for sharing your experience in our restaurant.

We are really glad we made it great in such a special day! From the food to the service we constantly work to deliver the best and your comments make us really proud. We hope you are going to choose us for many more celebrations.