“My favorite Mexican restaurant in Amsterdam”
Review of Los Pilones

Los Pilones
Reserve with
Los Pilones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,006 of 4,392 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Los Pilones was established in 2001 by three Mexican brothers who aimed to bring the REAL taste of Mexico to Holland. Here you will find only traditional Mexican favourites, not burritos or hard shell tacos, just simple Mex-Mex cuisine and a bright and lively atmosphere unmatched anywhere else in Amsterdam.
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

When I want Mexican I think in this restaurant.
My favorite is in Jordaan, but the one in Leidseplein is also nice.
The best are the enchiladas. Ok can choose different options of meat and also salad or beans... the guacamole with some tacos is also really nice! And a must for me is a strawberry margarita!
Good environment to dinner with friends, good music and a good service also.
Is recommendable to make reservation in advance.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Very good food, Margharita and Tequilas! They gave you a small caraff to refill your Margharita. We had great time there!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Centrally located a very nice Mexican restaurant with great quality food. We loved the food and the way, restaurant is decorated with paintings and colours. It's beautiful inside and food is awesome, you are looking for Mexican food then this is the place to be.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Being lovers of Mexican food we decided to give this restaurant a try. Unfortunately it didn't live up to our expectations. Service was very slow and inattentive despite there being only 2 other tables of couples present. We asked for more nachos when ordering our meal , they never came. Service for more drinks was non existent. Our main meal could only at best be described as mediocre. We wouldn't bother returning.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I loved Los Pilones and had been visiting all of their locations for many years. Last night, 3 of us (all women) decided to go in for a night cap before going home and close what had been an incredibly fun night prior to arrival.

After ordering our drinks (2 beers and 1 margarita) and less than 5 minutes after we sat down in the bar area (ON A FRIDAY NIGHT) the bartender walked over to us and 'kindly' asked us to keep it down because we were laughing too loud! I'm sorry, since when is it a crime to enjoy life? To be happy and enjoy each other's company? To be in the presence of society, outside of your own home, to let loose and erupt in a joyful fit of laughter?! My BIGGEST pet-peeve is to frown upon someone for enjoying life, whether that be through laughter, dance, love or whatever. We were not being obnoxious, malicious, rude or anything other than being HAPPY.

Sorry Los Pilones, but you will not be having a return of this customer nor the many friends I will share this experience with. Rude. And although the bartender asked nicely and was clearly embarrassed for asking us to keep it down after hearing my reaction, it's not enough.

Please, never fault any of your customers in the future for laughing and enjoying life. Would you rather have grumpy, rude, impatient, unkind, drunk, belligerent customers? Either way, you will not have these 3 light-hearted friendly locals as customers ever again.