1,666 results
All reviews canal view list of recommended restaurants keizersgracht canal anne frank house jordaan area nespresso machine lovely canal central station restaurant recommendations great boutique bottle of champagne small room triple room perfect location the hotel staff would highly recommend this hotel quiet street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Look no further when booking accom in Amsterdam. My 2 children and I were welcomed by Caroline and the other staff. Not only were we all given complimentary drinks in the gorgeous bar, a bottle of champagne was left as a gift for my 50th birthday. The room is large with a beautiful bathroom and bath. Perfect location to walk to city centre and Anne Frank's house. We will be back. Thank you so much.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful and very confortable hotel with spacious rooms and wonderful service by the staff. We had a great experience and enjoyed our visit to Amsterdam thanks to them. Really hope to be able to come back sometime.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked Sebastian’s because I didn’t really know Amsterdam and this hotel had good reviews plus a canal location. And I’m so glad I did! The quality of the hotel and the lovely staff very much added to our trip.
Everyone we met was friendly and helpful – Caroline and Boukje on reception, the lady who ran the bar and the staff at breakfast. Their recommendations for museums, canal trips and restaurants were spot on, and they were happy to make restaurant reservations for us. You can hire a bike from reception for a day or just a few hours; huge fun and the highlight of my teenage son's trip, although I followed on foot!
The canal area is full of beautiful architecture, not too busy or touristy, with lots of boutique shops and cafes, but all the main museums etc. are within walking distance. The room was very comfortable and quiet, great coffee machine, kettle, mini bar…
Thoroughly recommended. We can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: Probably worth paying a bit extra for a canal view room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank pushkin318
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two night with good friends. We had a fantastic stay here. It was a boutique hotel so felt very personal. The bed was super comfortable and had an amazing shower bathroom. It was walking distance to town. The staff were so welcoming and informative. Plus it was quiet which is always welcome in Amsterdam. Would highly recommend for a city break.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Timothy N
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I solo traveled to Amsterdam and stayed at Sebastian’s for 3 nights from 31 August to 1 September. I would definitely recommend it to everyone! A++

First thing that impressed me was how welcoming, friendly, and helpful all the staff was! I’m bad with remembering names but everyone there that Friday afternoon/evening was especially amazing (they even offered me a slice of their own pizza when their delivery came!). The bartender taught me about jenever and mixed me up a great gin and tonic.

The front desk offered to book museum tickets in advance, gave recommendations of things to do, and provided a list of recommended restaurants; they will even make reservations for you! Super pleasant and always greeted me whenever I was coming or going.

I stayed in 222, a single room overlooking the canal. The room was gorgeous and super clean; it was on the smaller side but comfortable. There were cozy chairs set up by the window to just sit and appreciate the view. The bed was great and I slept so well! Also there was a Nespresso machine with all sorts of packets to use and complimentary drinks (sodas, Heinekens, still and carbonated waters) in the mini fridge that was restocked everyday—I didn’t know the drinks were free or else I would have drank a lot more of them! There was also a tea kettle provided.

The bathroom was clean and chic. Shower pressure and water temperature was hot enough for someone like me who is super snobby about that. Again, the bathroom was a bit on the tinier side but it was fine.

I had breakfast included with my stay. It’s buffet style with eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, poffertjes, different juices and milk, coffee and tea, yogurt, fruit salad, cereals, cheeses, and bread... so pretty much everything you could want. And everything was delicious. All the staff during breakfast service were cheerful, helpful, and pleasant as well!

Overall, I loved staying here and would happily stay here if and whenever I return to Amsterdam!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo