“Excellent herbs and spices!”
Review of Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor
Ranked #443 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Dear ladies/gentlemen, my request is to replace the extra addition of location (red light district) better to write (near dam square).It is just two minutes walk from dam square. Red light area is 15 min.Walk from our rest.So will you pls.Replace that for me.As when customers read that some family members will not like to come to rest as they think that may be it is in red light.It is not in the red light.Pls.Will you change this for me. Thank you in advance, sardool singh(owner)
Reviewed 6 January 2017

We found this restaurant not in purpose. Starved after walking around and shipping at Damrak area, we bumped this restaurant next to Subway, which we considered initially, but found it was too crowded for our liking. And thank God for that, as we just tasted one of the best Indian food ever!

Call it as hyperbole, or effect of winter Amsterdam, but that's exactly what I felt.

As Asian tourists, after more than a week away from our continent, the crave for herbs and spices were getting stronger. So when we saw this restaurant, with its traditional facade, "est 1981" and 'Trip Advisor recommended' sticker at its door, were sold.

The restaurant does look old (hence est. 1981 claim), but it's still nicely furnished, cleaned and prepared.

We ordered lamb chop tandoori, chicken wings and spicy indian chicken tikka. All these three dishes we ordered are excellent. The chicken wings as appetizer were really delicious. The chicken tikka gave you authentic indian cuisine, and for me, the highlight was the lamb chop tandoori. It was tender and cooked to perfection. With the rice, it gave me the best tandoori I've ever tasted. No lie.

So when you're in Amsterdam or Damrak area, pay this restaurant a visit. You won't be disappointed. Especially if you're an Asian tourists who long for herbs and spices like us :)

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We liked this restaurant very much. The atmosphere is good and you feel very comfortable in the restaurant, even despite the fact that the restaurant is not looking very-very luxurious, but I think it is not necessary as the most important is how do you feel inside and how do you like the meal. The restaurant is clean, the staff is helpful and very friendly.
We liked all meals we have chosen and the food was ready quickly.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

I was traveling with my daughter who is a vegetarian. We often look for Indian Restaurants since we can always find something we can both enjoy. We went to Koh-i-noor for New Year's Eve dinner. The atmosphere was good, the service friendly, and the food very, very good. I had Chicken Kurma Kashmiri and my daughter had Channa Masala. We were both pleased with our choice and, although we hadn't started out starving, practically scrapped the plate. The Naan was also quite good.

We'd definitely return.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We came to Amsterdam kind of late and wanted to have an Indian dinner, and our hotel booked us with Koh-i-noor. My companion is a vegetarian, and while the menu was restrcited in that sense, the staff provided good meal for her. I had shrimp which coul have been tastier (would not had them but for my date`s views), but they were good enough, my date enjoyed her meal and the service was out of the ordinary.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

This is a highly praised restaurant for no obvious reason. Menu and prices ok, but dishes bland and very far from authentic. When you ask for spicy they add heat, but food still tasteless. Probably adjusted to Dutch taste buds and suitable for those who like mild curry. Many better alternatives in Amsterdam.

3  Thank Babar1234