“Great vindaloo”

Ranked #428 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Dear ladies/gentlemen, my request is to replace the extra addition of location (red light district) better to write (near dam square).It is just two minutes walk from dam square. Red light area is 15 min.Walk from our rest.So will you pls.Replace that for me.As when customers read that some family members will not like to come to rest as they think that may be it is in red light.It is not in the red light.Pls.Will you change this for me. Thank you in advance, sardool singh(owner)
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Great food and good value for money! I had to try the vindaloo since it is one of my favorite dishes and it was, like they say on the menu, very very spicy! But really good also :)

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Had an absolutely fantastic dining experience with two friends. There was a short wait during which we were seated comfortably downstairs and then we were quickly accommodated. The host was friendly and warm and our waiters were knowledgable and attentive. The food was amazing and the portions were perfect-- one of the best Indian meals I've had! Cannot recommend this place enough. Ambiance, food, and service were all top notch!

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

We had a great Indian meal here on Friday evening. We ordered the fixed menu for 32 euro, and it was really great. Too much food though... We couldn't finish it:)
Don't forget to order the salty lassi.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Delicious lunch special for only €14.75 included Muligawaty soup, Chicken T, Dal, and rice...plenty for a hungry traveller or shopper. It was quiet, and I commented to the server, maybe they get more business at dinnertime. He said it varies. I have eaten at their Westerkerk location, also delicious. No wonder this place has been around for years, ? since 1981? I'll be back.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

visited over the valentines weekend, very small yet so welcoming, the staff are amazing and helpful and do everything to give you the best experience, the food is fabulous and cooked to perfection, stayed in amsterdam for four days and we had to visit two nights on the run, would highly recommend. price was very fair also.