US$213
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$344/night.

NH City Centre Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
US$202
US$187
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$253
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$479/night.

NH Amsterdam Zuid(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$106
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$234
US$221
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$152
  • Bar/Lounge
US$164
US$214
US$200
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$280/night.

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$99
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$115
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

2,916 results
All reviewsthe red light districtflying dutchmanbutler servicehermes toiletriesluxury roomjunior suitedam squareturn down servicewonderful hotelfive star hotelcanal viewthe heart of the citynespresso machinecentral locationanne frank housevan gogh museumconcierge
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here for four nights. Staff was welcoming and polite. Rooms very comfortable. Great location in center of the city. Would stay here again. I would book and confirm reservations directly with the hotel. We had originally booked through The Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection, hoping to get the promised breakfast, and upgrade if available. However, the Grand Sofitel had never heard from them directly and the reservations had been booked by a third party. So none the perks from our credit card or booking through the Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection website applied. I am glad that I confirmed my reservations directly with the hotel. However, none of this above misunderstanding stood in the way of enjoying our hotel experiences. The restaurant Bridges, is amazing, which I'll put in separate review.

3  Thank asilv250
SofitelLegendTGA, General Manager at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased but most of all thankful to read your positive review about your stay at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. I am very grateful about the beautiful words you wrote about my team and will certainly pass these on.

I am sorry to read that your booking via The Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection did not came through as well as the promised benefits. Nevertheless, I am very happy to read that we could make the booking for you directly at our hotel and that none of this influenced your stay.

We look forward to your next stay here at The Grand.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed one night for business in Amsterdam (Previously stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer, an even nicer property). The location was ideal, easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. Concierge recommended a canal cruise up the street which is not to be missed. Only complaint I had was that the restaurant didn't offer an a la carte or lighter breakfast option - just a full buffet. I was directed to the "library", where I could get the continental breakfast option. Not a great setting for business colleagues to start their day. Garden is nice for drinks, but be aware there were numerous mice scurrying around the ground, so ladies, keep your bags UP off teh ground. Didn't give the hotel 5 stars because my room was EXTREMELY small - much too small for the price paid.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mommy2ena

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the ideal location of The Grand and the canal cruise you have experienced recommended by our Concierge department.

Regarding the breakfast, I apologize for not providing you with a proper alternative in our restaurant Bridges. I can certainly understand that was not a perfect start of the day.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you witnessed mice in our garden area. Please rest assured that we have taken drastic measurements to exterminate this problem.

I am also very sorry to hear that you have found the room too small.

Besides the issues described above, I hope that we will have the opportunity and the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with the family and it is just perfect if your looking for top class, we drove to Amsterdam and parked our car at the hotel. Yes it is pricey but if this is what your looking for then it is the best place to be.we will come back .

Room Tip: we stayed in 303 and the children in 305 lovely rooms looking over the court yard
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for expressing your extreme satisfaction regarding the high level of service at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with the family so much.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

The first thing one notices when arriving and entering the exquisite lobby/hotel is the historical architecture and modern interiors blending so beautifully together. The second (and more importantly) the staff. These group of people are flawless. Just perfect and so professional without any airs. They do not miss a beat. The location of this hotel is fantastic. Great bedding too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the canal

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this delightful review on TripAdvisor.
When reading your review, I felt very proud of my entire team who provided you with the highest level of service you so much deserve. I will certainly not fail to share these wonderful words with the team.
It was indeed our goal to blend the history of the establishment, which goes all the way back to the 15th century, with the modern design of Sybille de Margerie.

We look forward to your next stay here at The Grand.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Short walk to Tram, Dam Square, Red Light District (if that is your thing), quiet neighborhood, great restaurants. This hotel is thouroughly renovated and comfortable while still maintaing the charm and history of its centuries old palace buildings. They even conduct tours of the historic parts at 11AM every morning.

The bed was extremely comfortable. We had a gorgeous canal view....

They provide in room espresso machine, robes, umbrellas, etc. Very quiet when we were there, could not here doors slamming, etc....

Walked one block to the tram line (2 and 5 go straight to the Rijksmuseum), taxi on the return was about 12 euros.

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read such positive feedback as yours and I am very thankful for that.

Our aim was indeed to maintain the history and charm after the intense renovation. It is therefore our pleasure to show every day all the history that our hotel has to offer.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your room so much and all its facilities as well as the central location of The Grand.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Amsterdam.