All reviews bike shop rent a bike damm square top floor washing machine perfect location steep stairs bed and breakfast communal kitchen free bikes the red light district living room lovely apartment third floor plenty of hot water within walking distance free wifi
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a night and were pleasantly surprised by how convenient the location was given the affordable price. Hotels in Amsterdam are very expensive and affordable Airbnb's are often quite far out.

The hotel is a few minutes walk from Centraal station and a few minutes walk to Dam square and within walking distance to the Red Light District. The Anne Frank museum is also within walking distance which was really handy. The hotel is also conveniently located next to plenty of restaurants and "frites" stores selling chips/"french fries" and a variety of sauces.

We stayed in one of the smaller suites (shower no bathtub) which was clean, well kept and had everything we needed. I'm a bit of a picky traveller and despite preferring budget holidays am not a fan of hostels. This hotel definitely met my expectations- clean, convenient and affordable.

The hotel is run by the same guys who own and run the bike shop downstairs (bikes are free to use if you are staying at the hotel) and the guys are really friendly and happy to answer any questions.

The hotel is also located very close by to a bakery which smells amazing! We tried the sugar waffle and strawberry tart which tasted great and not too expensive either.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017

If you are looking for a bed and breakfast, this is not the place. This is a clean simple small hostel with a common kitchen and laundry located in the centre of Amsterdam. If you enjoy a hostel and would like to bike this would a a great place. However, I wanted much more of the breakfast experience so with was not my place. I've come to a place in my life when an elevator is not yet necessary but a plus. Must say the employees were helpful. Great location which you can walk to from Central Train Station in about 10 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Very close to Dam Square, down a lane from a very busy street.
We were taken up to the Studio apartment and were surprised how big a spacious it was.
The only down side like most buildings in Amsterdam was the stairs being very steep.
We would recommend this place to anyone wanting some where near to the Red Light district bars.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2016

The apartment is conveniently located downtown, just a few steps off Dam Square and within walking distance to all central attractions in Amsterdam. The owners also run a bikeshop on street level and are very helpful and friendly. The apartment is simple, but practical and clean and can accomodate 4 people comfortably with all basic objects one might need, with the advantage of having more space than in a hotel room. Our apartment had 2 bedrooms, a comfortable sitting room with a sofa, a couch and a small dining table with 4 seats. There was also an equipped kitchen with a stove, a microwave oven, coffee/tea facilities, an ironing board and iron. There was a hairdryer, and clean towels and bed linen were provided for our stay. The two bedrooms were more on the small side, but had comfortable twin beds and pillows, a cupboard and there was also a sink and mirror on each bedroom, which might seem odd, but turned out to be extremely useful. There was a bathroom with a walk-in shower and the heating in the whole apartment was very effective. They even offered tea and coffee bags, sugar and some extras. Although it was in an alley just off a very busy street and is not on the 'glamorous' side of the city, we felt safe and were not disturbed by noise during our stay. There is no elevator in the buiding, but I was travelling with 3 elderly ladies and the owners were really kind and accommodated us on the first floor, with only one flight of stairs to reach the apartment. The stairs are steep and narrow, my 77 year-old aunt struggled a bit, but it was once a day only and that is the standard in Amsterdam anyway. Staying in Amsterdam is really expensive, and it was really good value for money, so I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

It was my first time in Amsterdam so I really did not know that this hotel did not serve breakfast. The location was city central and you can walk to everything. But, since the title said Bed & Breakfast it didn't include it. It was also very loud because it is on a side street. Probably would not stay there again. The room was a decent size but they really should change the title and leave breakfast out if they are not going to serve breakfast.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends