“Great Dutch pancakes”

Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: We welcome you at PANCAKES Amsterdam! PANCAKES Amsterdam puts a new spin on traditional pancake houses. We stand out of the crowd with our original recipes. PANCAKES Amsterdam serves high quality pancakes prepared with fresh and nutritous, locally sourced products and ingredients. PANCAKES Amsterdam is established in 2007. Almost ten years later we have three location. The first one is situated in the famous Nine Streets. This is were Pancakes Amsterdam has started! The second location is near Amsterdam central station and the third one is our newest location and is situated next to Anna Frank House and Westerkerk. Come and visit one of our location and enjoy the tastiest Dutch pancakes and American pancakes! We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

A wide variety of Dutch and American pancakes, in a more intimate setting than the main central location. The menu offers preset pancakes as well as the option to build your own combos with the offered toppings.

PANCAKESAmsterdam, Eigenaar at Pancakes Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Hello Mia D,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm happy you enjoyed your time at PANCAKES Amsterdam!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my wife and we both ate pancake with apple pie and cinnamon + ice cream + whipped cream.

Absolutely brilliant experience, except we had to walk to our hotel. Portion was so big that we we're "rolling" to our hotel.

It can be crowded, so pick your time well. Restaurant is quite big and it has a small terrace which means that customer change rate is quite quick.

Hello Kari L,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm happy you enjoyed your time at PANCAKES Amsterdam and your pancake with apple pie and ice cream! ;)

Reviewed 12 September 2017

There was a long queue ,but the pancakes were definitely worth it. There is a very big selection of pancakes on the menu and we were not disappointed at all. There was also a very nice touch in the end when we paid as we were both given a little Dutch Clog keyring as a souvenir. Definitely recommend anyone trying their Pancakes. Yumm!

Hello SilverLace50,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy you enjoyed your time at PANCAKES Amsterdam! I'm sorry for the wait but luckily it was worth it ;).
Have a nice day and we hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My wife and I were on a trip and saw this place to eat. I had heard that Amsterdam likes their pancakes, their hamburgers, and their French fries. We ate here one morning. My wife got the American style pancakes and I got the Amsterdam style pancakes. The American style a re rally good. They are a little sweeter than out traditional pancakes. The Amsterdam pancake is as big as a dinner plate. Mine had bacon and cheese, My wife and I both liked the Amsterdam style better. Maybe because it is different than anything we had eaten before. We ate outside watching the people on their bikes go by. Eating outside is the best!

Hello 672edp,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm happy you enjoyed your time at PANCAKES Amsterdam and your traditional Dutch pancakes ;)!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Whilst we had to queue for 20mins to be seated it was worth the wait. We had the goats cheese and the Brie savoury pancake delicious and filling! Whilst the coffee was also very nice

Hello Frel123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy you enjoyed your time at PANCAKES Amsterdam! Oh and the Dutch pancake with goat cheese is also my favorite, it's divine ;)! I'm sorry for the wait, but luckily it was worth it.
Have a nice day and we hope to see you again sometime.