“Still wondefull Wagyu steaks”

Toro Dorado / Quality Steaks
Reserve with
Toro Dorado / Quality Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$20 - US$175
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Great Steaks & Seafood in a cozy unpretentious atmosphere which yet embraces comfort and great food in the ancient city center of Amsterdam The Netherlands.
Reviewed 6 November 2014 via mobile

Again a wonderfull evening in Toro Dorado. My guests were speachless about quality and service. If you visit Amsterdam, this is THE place to be and have the best steak ever.

4  Thank Garfield2102
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 5 November 2014

I've never been to a restaurant where the waiter comes out, and asks what we want to eat before we have even been given drinks. When we told him we wanted more time he got an attitude and didn't come back for about 15 minutes.

Steaks were EXTREMELY expensive and not worth it. I was very disappointed.

2  Thank highper
Reviewed 28 October 2014

I tried the beef there last week, it is very soft and special, the stuff there is very friendly, the chair is very comfortable, it is recommanded if some one want to taste good and specil beef.

1  Thank Joanna L
Reviewed 26 October 2014

This was my third or fourth visit to this restaurant in a city that has more steak houses than brothels these days. My steak, a 250 gram New Zealand filet, was no big deal. It was okay, but not what my previous experience brought me to expect. It was slightly underdone, but everyone has a different version of what steaks should be and this one was pretty rare, even for my taste.

One steak and one 1/2 pint of beer cost 40 Euros, (approx. $56US). That's about what I'd expect from a top steak restaurant at home in the US. But service was erratic and the waitresses seemed indifferent. Manager the same dour guy who has been there in the past. Up side is its just across the street from Marriott Renaissance Hotel.

1  Thank jjstives
Reviewed 26 October 2014

After travelling on a business trip for a week in India, I was definitely ready for beef. This is not about being picky. I mention this because my defences were down, I had a craving, and I would have been happy with almost any kind of steak. I ordered the Scottish Black Gold and was underwhelmed by the flavour and texture of the beef. The chef did undercook it slightly. Each of the sides we had were simply “average”: the mushrooms and spinach lacked flavour and I have had better steakhouse fries from frozen in the grocery store. The sides came late relative to the main course, so the service this evening wasn’t well coordinated. The waitress was kind enough to offer the table yet another serving of steak, in the Argentinian rump steak. In fact, the Argentinian steak was better than the Scott Black, and the gesture for the late sides was appreciated. Overall, the ambience of the restaurant was fine, and the patio was nice. However, the meal was just mediocre and as a steak-focused restaurant, this didn’t make any impression on me at all.

2  Thank Anthony N