“The best steak!”
Review of Gauchos

Gauchos
Reserve with
Gauchos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$27 - US$82
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Gauchos in the Regulierbreestraat, within walking distance from the Rembrandtplein, is a modern grill restaurant in the centre of Amsterdam. An informal atmosphere, 'Latin warmth' and an extensive menu with original grilled fish and meat dishes.
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I've been to a few of these steak houses over the years. It's usually a bit hit or miss on the quality. This was the first time I'd visited this particular restaurant and if this experience was an example of norm, I'd definitely be back next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Put simply, when you go to a steak house you want a good steak. This place delivered! A 300g rump steak, cut to a good thickness and cooked absolutely perfectly. Asparagus and mushrooms accompaniments were very tasty too.

Credit where credit is due. The chef cooked superbly. Well done.

Service was excellent too.

1  Thank Neil M

Reviewed 10 October 2016

I'd eaten here a few times before, but this visit was with friends who'd never been to Amsterdam. I'd recommended Gauchos as the food had always been great. As ever, you worry that your friends wouldn't like it, but no worries were justified here.

This visit was not only the best Gauchos visit for me, I have to say, it was the best steak I'd had, and I've had a few steaks in some decent places from across the globe.

The service is excellent, the food is great and the Vino is second to none. I would eat here every day if I could.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Seriously good food amazing service staff were very polite and very helpful food wow can't fault it cooked to perfection, loved the menu options and wine list best food I've had in a long time and we love fine dining and this was up there

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Excellent service, excellent food and excellent atmosphere. The waiter came around showing the different types of meat so you could do an informed decision of what you wanted. All in all a great experience!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went on our last night in Amsterdam. The steak was delicious and cooked to perfection. I wish we had one more night to come back again.