“Worth the wait”
Review of Mr. & Mrs. Watson

Mr. & Mrs. Watson
Ranked #1,301 of 4,612 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Description: Inspiring plant-based meals crafted lovingly by passionate people, showing just what the vegan kitchen has to offer. Our mission at Mr. & Mrs. Watson is to provide a place for vegan food lovers and cheese addicts. Comfort food with a culinary twist. Imagine an amazing Roquefort or a soft cashew brie. A rich melanzane or a pulled no pork pretzel.
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We turned up on a Thursday evening without a booking, and were probably lucky to get in. We shared a sampler starter, and everyone found something they liked - some very distinctive dishes, including some excellent vegan cheese (even the meat eating monster in the family liked it).

The mains were not enormous, but were very distinctive. We had a jackfruit cheeseburger (which disappeared into the teenager after 5 seconds, perhaps helped by the hour wait (see below)), the special tart, and the special of the day which was a very quirky deconstructed tortilla. It was all delicious, and we all agreed they were dishes we would remember. We were glad we'd ordered a side of fries.

In relation to service, after getting off to a good start, something went wrong before the main course, and we had to wait an hour, despite occasional reminders on our part. The manager recognised that there was a problem at the end, apologising and knocking several things off our bill. So overall, it was OK.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

This plant based restaurant is nice, well decorated, the waiters are nice and talkative, but the only thing I really liked was the cheeze platter: all the vegan cheese was really good, especially the one with pistachios! However, I didn’t like their tart, the crust was not flaky nor crunchy, it lacked in flavour just like the filling. The brownie itself was good but I didn’t like the mousse. The service is quite slow and I think the price was a bit too high compared to the portions of the dishes.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome! We especially loved the “cheeses” (blue “cheese” straight from heaven). Service was lovely (seriously, the staff is great) and so were the wines. My friend is not a vegetarian but she enjoyed everything just as much as I did. What a great experience. Would gladly return here.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went vegan Jan ‘18 and used our trip to Amsterdam this year to go to the amazing variety of vegan restaurants here, with Mr and Mrs Watson highest on our list after reading they did vegan fondue (which I never had as a vegetarian). They did not disappoint. Service was lovely and the servers were so friendly. We shared the cheese platter and fondue, and when it came out we were actually overwhelmed it looked so good. I can’t even explain how amazing it all tasted, but as we finished we both remarked it was one of the best meals we’d ever had. My boyfriend also said the fondue was so close to dairy fondue that it was incredible. Perfect flavour combinations and portion size. Completely worth the money (which isn’t much different to the usual cost of Amsterdam dining) and worth a trip whether you’re vegan or not!

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I've been there a few days ago with my vegan friend, she really wanted to try it.
I am not vegan, but I am always open to trying new things.
I loved the cheese platter and the fondue, it was delicious! Also I have to add you don't feel as 'greasy and fatty' like you'd feel after a real cheese fondue, which is a big bonus.

The restaurant and service were really good, she explained us everything and made sure we're having a good time.

The pricing is ok, considering that it's Amsterdam and vegan, but not cheap.

Date of visit: July 2018