“Tasty Surprise”

Temakery
Ranked #2,268 of 4,590 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Description: We are a Fast Casual Restaurant in Amsterdam and we serve Poké Bowls, Sushi Wraps, Handrolls and Streetfood using high quality and healthy ingredients...
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We came across this place trying to look for some dinner and couldn't decide. The ease of the already made orders seemed an easy option. We also added the bao buns which were probably the highlight! Order these to share if you head here.
Fresh ingredients, next time, i'll probably ask for more sauce! You choose a base, a crunch, a protein and three veges! Yum! Edamame beans for the win.
Good location too and helpful staff.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Fine wraps and bowls here. They deliver through foodora. Healthy ingredients and all fresh. Good place to head to for a quick bite.

Omer O, Eigenaar at Temakery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thanks for the review wolffman! Love to see you back :)

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We wanted to try it. Just an afternoon snack! Walked in, and the place was empty, with three workers. It was clean! Interesting menu. And, the cashier informed us that we could create our own or use a ready-suggestion, or even make substitutions to the ready-suggestions. Great, right? My friend asked for an omission of the orange 'roe' and I asked for omission of avocado--we have severe allergies.
First, the cashier--after handling our cash money, and without any gloves on--grabbed a few sheets of seaweed, folded them in half, and cut them. Then, placed them in a stack on the countertop, as she took some more cash money from a new customer.
One of the other workers came back from another room, ran one finger each alongside of her mouth, grabbed two pieces of seaweed and placed them on the rolling mat, before putting HER gloves on. She started to make our handrolls, side by side. Despite the fact that we had asked for --and explained the reason behind--an omission of ingredients due to allergies. And, in addition to potential cross-contamination, she put the orange 'roe' on my friend's roll, right after I asked her to change her gloves after putting avocado on my friend's roll. Fortunately, my friend caught it, and the cashier started to make her roll, with no orange on it. The mouth-toucher changed her gloves and made me a roll with no avocado.
The roll was placed in a paper cone far too deep for the handrollls--it was like a cone for fries! I had to fold the end up to get the temaki to the top of the cone so I could eat it. And, the seaweed was not sealed to itself, so it all fell apart as I ate it. The salmon was horrible. Fishy and fatty and old-tasting. Silly me, ordering raw fish on a Monday. I foolishly gobbled it down and I just got rid of my queasiness, but my stomach still hurts.
Allergens. Money. Food handling. All cross-contaminated? Sign me up, again, never!

Omer O, Eigenaar at Temakery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thanks again for your explanatory review. As we already explained on your google review, this happened because of new staff which was not trained properly yet, and works on hours when it's not busy at the restaurant. We take hygiene and safety very serious and work according to the HACCP rules. This is the first time I heard about such a situation happening. Of course it should never happen!
In this review you mention old salmon? Impossible. Every morning we get a huge load of new and fresh fish, because 99% of this fish (actually 90% of all food) doesn't make it till the end of the day. Old fish, or even old toppings is non-existing. To bad you had such an experience, and we are very sorry for this. I personally took this up with the every staffmember and our manager to prevent this from ever happening again. If you contact us privately, we will try to make it up to you.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Ordered from this place. Fantastic fresh rice bowl and home made Kimchi ( best i had in Amsterdam!) Nicely served with great toppings on the bowl. Highly recommended

Omer O, Eigenaar at Temakery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thanks Anti83 for your kind words! Love to see you back :)

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Both the tuna and the salmon sushi wraps are very nice - super fresh and tasty! Healthy food on a reasonable price

Omer O, Eigenaar at Temakery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you Boyko T for the kind words! Love to see you back :)