All reviews white room comfy bed great location small fridge coffee machine enjoyed our stay luggage tv canal dryer mirror
Reviewed 11 January 2016

I love coming here as it is everything I need from a B&B. Great location, clean comfortable bed, tea and coffee making equipment, Fridge, air con and heating, wet room bathroom, Its a real home from home type of house, some reviewers call it basic, well I ask you, what more could you need? The breakfast is a continental breakfast of breads, preserves. juice, fresh fruits. Can you eat more than this first thing in a morning?

We only managed to stay 2 nights this time but will return again as soon as we can.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank LadyDiamondS
Reviewed 8 January 2016

This tiny, two room B&B is a pretty easy walk from the train station and is very excellently located in the Red Light District. We were in the white room, which is more of a dingy off-white really. It had a look of being just slightly worn. The bath room was tiny. As others have noted, the stairs are narrow and winding and steep. The bed was actually pretty comfortable, but in this room it's built in to a raised portion of the floor, so it's a bit awkward getting in and out. We only ever met with the mother of the owner, never the guy we booked through, and she was very nice and very helpful. We were able to leave our bags on our last day as we had a later flight and that was great. The breakfast, just as others stated, is extremely simple. The wifi worked pretty well though and there was TV with some English channels. One kind of weird thing was that the housekeeper rushed us out so she could clean. While I appreciate that she wanted to do her job, it was very uncomfortable and kind of inappropriate in my opinion. When she first knocked I gave her our breakfast box (I get you don't want food sitting out for too long) and told her we would be out soon but were getting ready (I was literally in a towel) and then 10 minutes later she was knocking again. I explained again, we would be leaving soon. English was not her first language and neither was Dutch, but I don't think you need verbal communication to understand that if I am in a towel I'm not ready to leave the room yet. It was very awkward. I did, however, peek in to the Black and White room across the hall when it was being cleaned (the guest had left!) and it was like it was in an entirely different place. It was significantly larger, had a real bed, a dresser, didn't look so worn out and was just all around much nicer. If you want to stay here, I would definitely ask for that room if possible. However, I don't think we'd stay here again, even in that room. I think the main draw is the price for the location. It's definitely less than most other places in the area, but it's not a hostel and is clean enough with a private bathroom. So, if that's all you are looking for, this will do.

Room tip: Choose the Black/White room
Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank TylerAnne78
Reviewed 3 January 2016

This is a really lovely little B&B, and very affordable and perfect for couples and young people who want a good, central location. It is bang in the middle of the red light district, with lots of restaurants, bars and coffee shops around you. We had the White Room and were not particularly affected by the noise. The breakfast was simple but just what we wanted and there's a good TV and excellent free wifi. My only criticism of the room would be that while the lights outside our window were very pretty, it meant there was still a lot of light coming in at night, so maybe thicker curtains are needed. Also be prepared for a lot of winding stairs on the way up!

Our flight was severely delayed on the way out and we only arrived to the hotel at 1am, but our hosts were very understanding and waited up for us and let us extend our stay at a discounted rate, which was very sweet of them. We had a really lovely stay and would love to come back.

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank Tika1994
Reviewed 21 November 2015

A nice intimate little place located just on the edge of the red light district, we really loved it. Our room was decorated really nicely and was immaculately clean. The staff were always really friendly to us and allowed to leave our luggage with them before check in time when we arrived early. Perfect a couple's getaway.

Date of stay: February 2015
2  Thank hylianyoshi
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

Great location! Very noisy, but if you want to be in the center of red light district this is a beautiful place to stay! The owners are very nice and accommodating. Highly recommended! Private bathroom, awesome shower and super comfortable bed.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank geguileor