All reviews shared bathroom music lovers steep stairs person room no elevator first floor bar downstairs cool hotel top floor minute walk walking distance beds were comfortable twin room perfect location would definitely stay here again dam square city centre
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

If you go to Amsterdam and don't stay in the Backstage you will miss out! Awesome hosts, great location, nice bar. Rooms are cosy - perfect stay. Breakfast is also a must! There is instruments on the wall that you can take and play...will definitely be back!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to stay at this hotel for two nights and were not disappointed, fantastic central position was key making the hotel both easy to find and near all the attractions. Staff were extremely helpful would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The hotel has an excellent location. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The room art and decor is splendid. Truly the back stage experience. You def have bands living there often. Surely visit again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved staying at backstage hotel during my 2 nights in Amsterdam with its rock n roll vibe. We were a group of 10 and right from arrival staff were very friendly, the rooms were also clean and very modern and decorated. For the money we paid I was very happy, it was perfect as a large group. They even let us take the guitars off the walls and play while drinking from the bar downstairs. The stairs are narrow and steep is the only caution I would give but as long as you don't have any accessibility needs this shouldn't be a problem. If I go to Amsterdam again I would definitely consider staying here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I stayed at the hotel for three mid-week nights during November 2017. Travelling alone, it offered a decent price for a single room near the centre of town.

Positives were that it's a friendly place, staff are really helpful, the decor is pretty funky and the location is walking distance from a lot of good stuff. I had a single room and it was pretty tiny, but it was still quite charming and was all I needed seeing as I spent all day out of it.

Negatives really depend on what you're after. The shared bathroom I didn't particularly enjoy, but I knew what I was getting into, and it wasn't so bad. The staircase was very very narrow and I wouldn't recommend it with big suitcases, but again, fine if you're prepared for the struggle. My room I think also shared a drainage system with the room next door, and so every time they ran the sink I got a loud gurgling coming up through the plughole in mine.

Unfortunately the room next door was also full of noisy people, and there was generally a lot of door slamming and late-night voices. That's not down to the hotel, and it actually didn't keep me awake at night, but it does attract a young clientele, so I'd expect worse at the weekends.

All in all, I'd stay again for the convenience of the situation, and because it does have a really nice feel to it and down to earth atmosphere. Good for a short trip, especially if by myself, although possibly not for longer stays.

Date of stay: November 2017