“Authentic Italian with style”
Review of Pianeta Terra

Pianeta Terra
Reserve with
Pianeta Terra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$48 - US$68
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Pianeta Terra takes another step forward on its course towards natural cuisine.For fifteen years, Pianeta Terra Amsterdam has combined delicious organic food with innovative Italian cuisine to deliver a truly fantastic dining experience. Now, Pianeta Terra plans to take this recipe for success one step further on the path of fresh and exciting fare. We introduce a new approach to our cuisine as we work in total harmony with the cycles of Mother Earth. Our usual creativity and attention to pureness will be further enhanced by our desire to use only the freshest, seasonal produce available. Updated daily, the new menu will reflect our 'moment in time' concept. This will be achieved by using ingredients that are at their prime at the given time of the year, with special attention being paid to organic meat, vegetables, and ethical fish. Combine this with our innovative techniques of preparation, and your visit to Pianeta Terra is guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

In amsterdam for business i decided to try this Italian. Great interior, friendly service. I had gnocchi with wild boar stew (excellent) and the seabass, really good. Two glasses of good wine. Real food here! I recommend! Do not exect paghetti bolognese or saltinbocca here...

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We had a really, really positive experience : for starters we called into the restaurant shortly before our reservation time to ask to slightly postpone it in order to freshen up before dinner, and they were extremely cool about it.
We were welcomed very warmly and were given a nice table. The restaurant is quite small and tables are close, but we still had all the sense of privacy needed for a quiet dinner. The atmosphere is very welcoming, and the staff are EXTREMELY friendly and happy to talk a lot about the food they serve, and in which they obviously put a lot of pride. The menu is small but varied, and you also have the choice of choosing a 3, 4, or 5-courses surprise menu by the chef. We picked a wine, and let the staff set a surprise menu for us, which they did quite skilfully. The food was extremely well cooked, prepared and presented, and was above all really fresh. It was maybe a bit shy on salt for my palate, but I understand that this is the modern trend nowadays. A salt grinder was in any case available on the table, together with the most amazing olive oil I have ever tasted.
The staff were very attentive and smiling throughout, and the atmosphere was extremely cosy and relaxed.
The best surprise was however at the end, when we were presented with a very reasonable bill for the quality of our evening.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

found this fantastic restaurant while walking abd looking for a place to have dinner later in the evening. accommodated us with no reservation event though they were quite busy with a large party and several other tables (its is a smaller restaurant). service was superb, wine was paired with food that was imaginative & delicious

Reviewed 15 January 2017

I really loved this place. I'm no stranger to Italian food, so it takes a lot to especially thrill me. The menu, the uniqueness of what is prepared here, and the service are truly exceptional. I had just come from Prague and was meat-weary, so I ate as a vegetarian here, and everything was superb.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

The place , the energy, the service and the food was spectacular . I recommend the chef surprise . It was one of the best food I had ever taste . It's a most