“AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

It may be in one of the best locations and look great with all the advertisement but this place is absolutely fowl. We were just looking for a burger after a long morning and a quick bite to eat. Firstly you get told to follow this scary guy who doesn't seem to speak who takes you round the back of the place and into what looks like a butchers door into a very narrow bar not at all what it seemed out the front. Asked for 2 burgers and some water as we had been to the Heineken Experience but you are not allowed to order unless you order a drink and the cheapest drink was 4 euros. Should have walked out here but was too hungry. Now the worst bit which is the disgusting woman who seems to run the place. She basically shouts at you is very up her own you know what and couldn't care one flying monkeys about giving u anything u ask for. I felt so sorry for the 2 other people working there the girl and the guy waiter/waitress who must be ashamed to work for such a horrible person, least they seemed like good people. Honestly never seen anyone like the woman behind the bar. The food is classic reheated weather spoons burgers and cold old chips with a vinegar covered salad but your paying nearly 30 euros for this just because of where it is. Never go here just trust me when I say the extra 2 min walk round the corner to PANCAKE EN BURGER BAR you won't regret it they serve fantastic food for the same price if not cheaper and will actually want to be there and not feel like some spoilt power headed person is going to come shout at you.

1  Thank Alex K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great sports bar with a great atmosphere. Food is good. Service is quick and the staff are friendly and helpful. Amazing drinks deals. We had both lunch and dinner here and can definitely recommend.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

What a rip off this place is. We went in here for breakfast where we had two cheese toasties, we were asked what we wanted to drink & asked for tap water but was told ‘Due to hygiene reasons we do not serve tap water’...More like a way of making money...The cheapest drink on the menu being a coffee it €4.50 & then was told that we have to order a drink...I said I didn’t want a drink & we were told that we had to have a drink, so we decided to cancel the order as we didn’t want to pay such a high price for a coffee & then was told that we couldn’t leave as the order had been placed & we still were required to order a drink & whens saying no again the waiter asked management & then said it was fine...After this point we felt very uncomfortable & didn’t want to stay. Wouldn’t recommend this place as it’s just a pure rip off.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

So me and my husband walked in here the sign of the unlimited ribs caught our eyes after leaving the Bulldog around the corner so you already know !!!! but staff was super friendly and the ribs were great I’m a rib eater and I hate dry and over cooked ribs and these ribs were juicy and full of flavor and unlimited my husband tapped out I kept going and staff was great and the surroundings people
Come in and out but it is a sports bar but none the less very surprised how great the food was and if I ever go back to Amsterdam I am going back to eat those ribs !!!

1  Thank Bambolina929
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I went for the first time as ribes were recommended by a friend - ok, you eat all you can, quite cheap, quick seved. For the rest, international food, crowdy always, plenty of large TV connected to at least 3-4 sport channels. Great to go after 23.00 when prices are reduced. However, the second day, different team of waitress, it was totally different - slow serving, hard to understand with them. Conclusion - depends of your luck of waitress