“Amazing ribs”

Cannibale Royale Lange Niezel
Ranked #464 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Cannibale Royale, brasserie extraordinaire fulfills all needs for anyone who loves good food, lots of meat, exotic beers and the most beautiful wines. We love to welcome you in one of our locations in Amsterdam.
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I have previously been to another of these restaurant chains in Amsterdam, and I wasn't disappointed. The restaurant is smaller than its others in the chain, bit this makes no difference. Service is really good and the foods is amazing, we had starter of bittenball and pate, not too sure on the pate didn't like it being served from a tin can. My husband and I both had ribs, the meat falls off the bones. Truly amazing food, well worth a trip, I would advise you book so not to be disappointed.

1  Thank misseyMidlands_Uk

Reviewed 1 May 2017

A very good barbecue place with a nice beer selection. In a city filled with tourist trap Argentinian steakhouses, finding this place one evening was a blessing. Good food, good beer. A little small so if you plan to go, go early or make a reservation as it gets packed pretty quick.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Our really helpful barman in t'Loosje in Neumarkt recommended here and he was not wrong. There are 3 locations of the same chain and this was closest for us on our route back to the tram.

We really wanted a burger that night and we left very happy. As the name suggests, this is a meat-eaters haven but there are other options too (I suppose, possibly).

Our waitress was cheerfully ditsy but efficient and friendly with it and we lacked for nothing. We left fully satiated with burger bellies brimming. Yum.

1  Thank Pardo
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We visited here last Thursday night while visiting Amsterdam. We actually ended up in the wrong Cannibale Royale (there is 3 in town) so definitely make sure you navigate to the right one. The staff were really helpful and did phone the correct restaurant to let them know we weren't coming and thankfully they did have a table for us. The menu was mostly meat based. I am a vegetarian but went with my meat loving boyfriend. However, there is still an excellent choice of foods to choose. I had garlic bread to start which was amazing and a vegetable dish with fries for my main. My boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed his meal too. The drinks are reasonably priced for Amsterdam too. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Lp952705
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

This is the third location in what is now a small chain. The ribs are still fantastic, a steal at under 15 Euros (sides extra though) and while you should still phone ahead, much easier to get into on short notice than other rib joints in town.