“Steak selection ”

Cau
Ranked #201 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$39 - US$156
Good for: Groups
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We opted for the 4 steak to share option after being advised it was to much for 2 people by the waitress! We picked triple cooked chips and mushrooms which was very good. The steaks came perfect medium as requested the rump perfect the sirloin also perfect the rib eye had loads of flavour BUT the fillet was I am not sure what is was except yo say it wasn't a reflection of the other steaks. It was fatty and not a piece of prime fillet. Shame

1  Thank kerrywatkinson
Write a ReviewReviews (2,624)

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I ate here with my mom (71), great service, awesome meat...really good! Had the burger plus a beer and was spectacula. Bathrooms were roomy and clean, more than most of my 3 week travel.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Good food, we took Argentinean beef and a good Argentinean red wine.
The service was excellent!
Keep it this way!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

My partner and I came for a midweek place to Amsterdam and we have visited this place twice, once in the morning for brunch and another evening for dinner. I did prefer breakfast as it was just incredible!

I had American style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup for breakfast and I have not found anywhere else that makes them as good as CAU. My partner enjoyed his full English too! Honestly 5/5 for breakfast.

I found an evening meal is quite on the pricey side, as I chose to have a burger, and then you had to buy the sides separate which weren't exactly cheap either.. we had olives to share, two main meals and a shared dessert, a few drinks on top (i wasn't even drinking alcohol) and the bill came close to €100 for two people I found a bit too expensive.

I would recommend this place for breakfast without a doubt if you're feeling peckish! The service was great too!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I visited the city with my sister and we had dinner in this great reastaurant. I recommend everyone who likes steak and seafood too.