“Looking for Great Seafood?”

Lucius Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with
Lucius Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #477 of 4,593 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$29 - US$86
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Lucius Seafood restaurant serves seven days a week, a variety of North Sea fish , shellfish and culinary delights in a traditional Amsterdam setting. The kitchen is open from 17:00 and stays open until midnight. For a festive start to a night out for example, with champagne and oysters, or a late dinner.
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

If you’re hungry for seafood, Lucius is an excellent choice. Located on Spuistraat, the restaurant is most convenient for those spending the afternoon near the Dam or touring the Royal Palace. We began with the creamy fennel soup. For entrees, we ordered, upon the recommendation of our server, the halibut special. Both the soup and the entree were delicious. The service was friendly and prompt within a relaxed atmosphere; we were made to feel at home, not rushed or hurried to free the table for the next customer. Our dinner at Lucius was just what we needed after spending the day walking around the fascinating and charming city of Amsterdam.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Went there after a concert in Amsterdam. Had a beautifully prepared dish of razor clams. Probably the best we have ever had. Tried the fish and the mini shrimp. Everything was outstanding. The waiters were very helpful and extremely friendly. Will go there next time.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Service was really friendly and nice. But the food was spectacular. I had the sole which was recommended by the waiter. Would definitely return :)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Reason for the 1 star review: Customer service was HORRIBLE!!
Food: 4.5
Service: 0

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at the hotel we were staying at. They kindly made reservations for us before we walked over.

We were seated immediately upon arriving and that’s where the horrible service started. Our server (didn’t get her name) kind of reminded me of Abby from NCIS, dark hair and tattoos. She handed us menus and proceeded to shout at us as if we were idiots or didn’t speak English (which we obviously did).

When I asked what kind of fish was in their fish soup she replied “FISH!!” I asked what kind of fish and she shouted back “all kinds of fish, they are all ground up so you won’t be able to tell the difference!” Then I asked what she would recommend for a dish like a house specialty. She shouted back with an annoyed face “Everything here is made in house, IN this restaurant!” We should have just got up and left at this point but decided to look at the menu on our own.

We asked what each of the main dishes were served with since it was not listed in the menu. She stated salad and French fries except for the dorado which was served with red potato. We asked if the French fries could be substituted for the red potatoes and she said yes. My mom placed her order and at the time I was still deciding. When I had finally made my decision I asked to substitute the French fries with my dish too she sarcastically snapped “I get it you want red potatoes!”

When our food arrived , we got French fries. Not sure about that, but she did take it back and have the red potatoes sent to our table. She never showed her face at our table after that.

We saw the same server treating the locals with a way better attitude.

Food:
The fish soup and mixed grill were both very delicious! Too bad about the service.

1  Thank emmie808
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I love this place.

Was here a year ago in December 2016 and remarked that the portions were a bit small. To cure that, I ordered the Grand Plateau and found it just right for me alone. This item is a duplicate of the famous Fruit d' Mare often found in Paris restaurants, with a staggering assortment of cold shell fish, from lobster to oysters and everything in between. All of it was excellent and it came with tons of lemon, the necessary tools and even a finger bowl.

The atmosphere is casual and you may, as is often the habit here, end up sharing a table with others, but I found it an enjoyable experience and a dynamic place, reminiscent of some of Boston's seafood restaurants with a bit of the same attitude about service. "You don't want to sit with other people, too bad."

A bottle of a Warsteiner beer and an incredible chocolate dessert came to 70 Euros, plus a small tip. Worth it and a short walk in the rain back to my hotel.