“Not just a fish meal, an experience”
Review of Pesca

Pesca
Ranked #135 of 4,550 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$27 - US$36
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: Theatre of fish! The opening of a unique fish concept with great fish of exceptional quality in a theatrical experience. It's a warm, cosy and trendy atmosphere where guests participate in the concept of creating their own meal and picking it up only minutes later at the open kitchen. Guests are able to choose their type of fish at the marketplace where the catch of the day is displayed. The fish are offered at surprising prices that vary based on supply and demand. At the market guests can order tasty side dishes to go with their meal. At the bar you can fill your own bucket with ice cold beers or great wines in order to experience the perfect combination of flavours. One of a kind, a new experience, Pesca is taking fish back to the basics. This is the mission of Pesca. Great Fish. Guests Love. Pesca, Theatre of fish.
Reviewed 31 August 2018

The experience begins in a dark room that looks like a fish market and all the fish is laid out fresh for you to choose.They ask you what you want to drink, which fish, how you want it cooked and what you want with it all in a fun theatrical way. After that we moved to a different station to choose drinks and then went to sit down at wooden tables to wait for our meal. The atmosphere is very pleasant and special, and the food is good but we have eaten better fish meals in other places. I think the restaurant it is better suited for people who enjoy seafood and wine.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

My 14 yo daughter and I just had dinner at Pesca or "Theater of Fish" last night. I did not read all the reviews so did not know that it was not just dinner, but an experience. Beautiful setting that makes you feel that you are eating on the docs of a port. You choose your own fish/seafood along with sides first, then you move to the next station to choose your drinks. You are seated at cool tables ready for the meal. When you buzzer goes off, you get your food. What can I say.... It was fresh and delicious. And we are hardcore New Yorkers who are used to good food. I can't remember last time when I had grilled tuna that melted in your mouth. We had fresh tomato salad and softshell crabs for appetizers and finished with whole sea bass. With no more room in our stomach, we took chocolate mouse pie to go. Wonderful service and atmosphere. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I was at the theatre today, theatre of fish. And it was WOW! The dishes were so delicious and the wine was so good... Also, it was the most impressive representation of food I have recently seen. Look like, I'm in love with a theatre!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely fish restaurant in the hart of Amsterdam. Really nice ambiance and the fish is amazing! We especially liked the scallops and the sea bass. Price/quality is really good. If you are looking for a nice night out with good food, this is a good place to go!

1  Thank JannevZ
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Warm welcome and walk through of the fresh fish available - all of which was beautifully prepared and cooked. After the fish is ordered you pass through to the wine cellar for further instruction and choosing. This place is quite unique. Great service. Lovely fish and imaginatively prepared fish and surprisingly good value.

1  Thank Simianfriend