“Excellent South Indian Food”
Review of Saravanaa Bhavan

Saravanaa Bhavan
Reserve with
Saravanaa Bhavan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #576 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We had been travelling across North Europe and so we were pretty starved for Indian food by the time we reached Amsterdam. Since we found this on Zomato headed straight for it. The food was excellent and we really enjoyed the amazing dosas and vadas and all the other dishes we ordered. We actually went there 3 days in a row. The food was fab. Special mention to be made of the lady who was attending to us. I think her name is Rekha. She was extremely polite and with a wonderful smile to go with it. Made us feel very welcome. The manager of the hotel was also very friendly and helped make it comfortable.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This restaurant offers only vegetarian Indian dishes. I like their Chana Bhatura and masala dosa. It offers good quantity and quality of food at a reasonable price. However, the place is too noisy. I would recommend this place for cheaper Indian (vegetarian) food but not for ambience.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is the place where you can get the most authentic South Indian food. Service is crap but if you like to eat good food and try different cuisines, you must visit it. I go back to this place often.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Good restaurant mainly serving south Indian food at reasonable price. It also serves North Indian food. Its a chain of restaurant I look for when I go for a trip. Good for families as well.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I come from the city where the first Saravana bhavan was opened and I vividly remember my visit to the restaurant as a young man. Fast forward decades later when I had my first mouthful of food at this restaurant here in Amsterdam, I was immediately transported down memory lane to chennai. The very same authentic South Indian taste. Very good service, can't complain. Been there thrice already in the last two weeks. Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. From Amsterdam central station you can take tram number 5 towards station RAI and get down at stadhouderskade and the restaurant in just opposite the tram stop.